Carriers Ahoy! Things that fly on things that float! chat

trickyrich

well that's it folks, I'm sad to say she's all over!!! :weep:

What a frantic rush to the end, 51 builds made it into the gallery, well done to all those that made it. I've just had a quick squiz though them and wow there are some amazing builds, so you can all be very proud of your achievements. :worthy:

Thanks to everyone that joined in and made it a successful GB. There are quite a few who just could complete theirs in time which is a real shame as some of them were epic builds with show stopper models being produced. As usual all the build threads will remain open so please update them so we can follow your progress.

A big thanks to Pat my cohort for all his help and he even managed to complete his build in time as well.......though he had me worried with his driving around and trying to make new friends! Though I think he's learnt a new hand signal to say "hello, it's nice to meet you"! :rofl2: 

Well now it's the hard task of getting a poll together....thanks everyone! ;) I'll try and get it up tonight.

Again thinks to everyone who joined in and I look forward to seeing many of you in the Pacific at War GB. :bye:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

ok folks the poll is open! :yahoo:

.....and I'm shattered!! That was hard work with so many builds, plus I had another chance to go through them all again, it's going to be hard to select a top build as there are so many great ones. So again well done everyone.

• Thanks 2

As Tony said above. Thanks to Rich and Pat for hosting a great GB. 51 finished builds is pretty good going.

Im off to cast my vote 

Thanks again 

James

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Rich and Pat for hosting this GB and herding the cats along the way. It's great to see so many entries making it into the gallery, including one from Pat 🤭 well done buddy, it's going to be tough picking the best builds though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

Thanks Rich and Pat for hosting this GB and herding the cats along the way. It's great to see so many entries making it into the gallery, including one from Pat 🤭 well done buddy, it's going to be tough picking the best builds though.

careful now or it'll go to his head, you know what he's like, it was hard enough to get him to finish this one! :D But as a Co-host he's good with cat herding... :whip:, what would we do without you Pat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well done on hosting a cracking GB, I think the volume of entries, multiples too, speaks for itself. Well done hosts and modellers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

...Pat too...I apologize.  Bravo!

Hi John

Absolutely no need to apologise, I'm just glad we had so many people participating and such a great variety of builds.

Rich did all the hard work really but he's too modest to tell you that himself... (sorry Rich I couldn't read your handwriting for the next bit you wanted me to write ) :giggle:

Cheers Pat

54 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi John

Absolutely no need to apologise, I'm just glad we had so many people participating and such a great variety of builds.

Rich did all the hard work really but he's too modest to tell you that himself... (sorry Rich I couldn't read your handwriting for the next bit you wanted me to write ) :giggle:

Cheers Pat

It's ok Pat I remember what is was, so repeat after me "In future I promise to complete my build and not faff about, and Rich is always right!".  :D

39 minutes ago, Knight_Flyer said:

Certainly will be there. Already got me entry sorted out with a Boomerang 🇦🇺 ;)

Nice!!! which one are you building? I built the Special Hobby one a few years ago, it's a nice model. Though I really want the Alley Cat 1/32nd version!

On 7/16/2018 at 11:24 PM, trickyrich said:

Nice!!! which one are you building? I built the Special Hobby one a few years ago, it's a nice model. Though I really want the Alley Cat 1/32nd version!

It is indeed the Special Hobby, was quite tempted by the Airfix but I think for the time being I'm all nostalgia full :chef: Already staked my claim on the GB chat thread too :rambo:

post #143

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235015367-the-pacific-at-war-gb/&page=6

• Like 1

...and that's it folks the final bit of the GB has finished.

Congratulations beefy you did a fine job with your carrier against some great builds.

I am quite surprised with the aircraft voting, it's not how I saw it going. Mark both of your builds were fantastic, especially the Swordfish, it was very close mate.

At the end of the day the voting is just a tiny part of a GB, it really all about joining in and having fun and maybe learning something new.

For me it was having fun, and everyone who joined in or just visited made it a great experience and lots of fun, so thank you all for making it a great GB and a joy to run. :clap2:  I look forward to seeing you all in future GB's.

• Like 4

Thanks again Rich for your hard work with the GB.

I think with the amount of extra work and correction required with the Vigilante build and the subsequent finish achieved, the poll was spot on, so congrats to you and everyone for some excellent builds.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:02, MarkSH said:

Thanks again Rich for your hard work with the GB.

I think with the amount of extra work and correction required with the Vigilante build and the subsequent finish achieved, the poll was spot on, so congrats to you and everyone for some excellent builds.

Cheers,

Mark.

Seconded, Well done to @trickyrich and @Beefy on producing the winning models, and to everyone else that took part, it was a lot of fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Rich this was my first complete GB and I have had a great time watching all the fantastic builds come together 

great job running this GB

Thanks to everybody that voted really appreciate it 👍🏻

bit late in replying as I’m currently doing my cowboy 🤠 impression in Deadwood SD

beefy