Carriers Ahoy! Things that fly on things that float! chat

trickyrich

Hey Rich any chance I can get involved, abit late to the party but I have an Airfix/Otaki Corsair in 1/48 that I’d love to bring along?

Airfix Corsair

atb 

Nick

• Like 1

Hey Tricky... mind if I join for a couple late ones? I'd like to do a bunch of prototypes: the New Hasegawa F-35B (VMFA-211 off of the USS America), the AZ Supermarine Attacker (Prototype boxing - partially started with parts mostly off the sprue)... maybe an Fine Molds A7M, and the Aoshima Shiden.

14D%20-%201_zpsmmgmfjew.jpg

Edited by -Neu-

8 hours ago, -Neu- said:

Hey Tricky... mind if I join for a couple late ones? I'd like to do a bunch of prototypes: the New Hasegawa F-35B (VMFA-211 off of the USS America), the AZ Supermarine Attacker (Prototype boxing - partially started with parts mostly off the sprue)... maybe an Fine Molds A7M, and the Aoshima Shiden.

Ok the F-35B I don't have a problem with as they are "sort of" operational, as much as any F-35 is at the moment. The Kawanishi N1K Shiden is also fine.

However the Mitsubishi A7M is out as it never achieved operational status and I can't even see whether it even made it onto a carrier. The AZ Supermarine Attacker as the Prototype is also out sorry, the operational one would be nice to see.

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Ok the F-35B I don't have a problem with as they are "sort of" operational, as much as any F-35 is at the moment. The Kawanishi N1K Shiden is also fine.

However the Mitsubishi A7M is out as it never achieved operational status and I can't even see whether it even made it onto a carrier. The AZ Supermarine Attacker as the Prototype is also out sorry, the operational one would be nice to see.

Under these rules, none of my options will meet the criteria unfortunately, as all of the aircraft I proposed were test and development aircraft/prototypes for carrier operations, but did land and take off from carriers and (with the exception of the A7M- which I don't mind removing), all reached service.  The F-35B I was going to build was part of a test and evaluation deployment, is no different than the Attacker in that respects. 

Well its unfortunate, but understandable... sorry for the bother. 

Edited by -Neu-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate to be the barer of bad news folks, but we have a little over 2 weeks to go with this GB!

We have something like 27 builds in the gallery already with quite a few others builds almost completed.

So time for that final push. Forget about that silly game on the TV where they kick that silly white and black ball around that silly pitch, I have! Spend some quality time completing your build....and hiding from the misses and those chores. Also it's not that really hot over there, just a nice warm sunny day and perfect for painting models so stop complaining about it! :rofl2: Once it gets to 40C then it's starting to get hot. :jump_fire:

Plus if you don't get to it I'll have to send my sidekick Pat along to hurry you up. :whip:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Think mine will have to be relegated into the normal wip section... 😢  

that's a shame, but very understandable, it was/is an epic build and you definitely don't want to rush it. I'm sure plenty of us will be following it through to the end.

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 03:18, trickyrich said:

I hate to be the barer of bad news folks, but we have a little over 2 weeks to go with this GB!

We have something like 27 builds in the gallery already with quite a few others builds almost completed.

So time for that final push. Forget about that silly game on the TV where they kick that silly white and black ball around that silly pitch, I have! Spend some quality time completing your build....and hiding from the misses and those chores. Also it's not that really hot over there, just a nice warm sunny day and perfect for painting models so stop complaining about it! :rofl2: Once it gets to 40C then it's starting to get hot. :jump_fire:

Plus if you don't get to it I'll have to send my sidekick Pat along to hurry you up. :whip:

Been away for a week on business and then trying to sort out my late father-in-law's house but hopefully back this afternoon.  Just the panel line wash, 3inch rockets and base to finalise so should be done this week.

Edited by Chewbacca

On 6/30/2018 at 3:18 AM, trickyrich said:

Just give me the word Guv :fight:

Struggling a bit for time myself.  Have some time off this week so hopefully by the end of Sunday we should be there.  Major painting is done, markings are on, weathering done - so its just a case of final assemble now (I think), so I'm hopeful...

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Just give me the word Guv :fight:

glad to see you're still with us Pat, was worried the heatwave over there may have melted you.

By the way, how's your build going?

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

glad to see you're still with us Pat, was worried the heatwave over there may have melted you.

By the way, how's your build going?

Err, can I have a question on sport instead ? :rofl:

the countdown is on people, time for that last panicked rush to get them done on time.

The galley closing time is on a timer so less chance for me to stuff it up! :D

Battling the Barracuda, that's not a euphemism or Cockney rhyming slang for anything inappropriate by the way !

Rich has promised to lend me his "Show tunes" CD if I get finished, so I don't want to offend him, didn't you know he was a big fan of musical theatre ? :wicked:

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Battling the Barracuda, that's not a euphemism or Cockney rhyming slang for anything inappropriate by the way !

Rich has promised to lend me his "Show tunes" CD if I get finished, so I don't want to offend him, didn't you know he was a big fan of musical theatre ? :wicked:

just for you Pat

• Haha 2

Made it in time, probably trapped the number 3 wire when I landed on deck :penguin: 

Thanks for this GB and the hosts for their work in setting it up :thanks: Had a lot of fun even with the challenges. If we see another Carrier GB, would love to enter a type like this Prowler... although I wouldn't mind seeing another Helicopter GB :rambo:

42183063302_7e3794d596_b.jpg

• Like 1