Revell F/A-18F Super Hornet (Arctic Camo)

Hello guys. I always loved shape of F-18 but i thought some other then low vis. camo would fit on him very nice. Build is straight from a box. It is really nice model with not so many fit issues. Model is brush painted using vallejo and revell acrylic colors. I hope you gona like it.. Feedback and comments are welcome.

IMG_20170514_191949_zpsqkg6srqf.jpg

IMG_20170514_194126_zpsv6gjuqgc.jpg

IMG_20170514_194304_zpsn3kalznh.jpg

IMG_20170514_194331_zpsapbshxmc.jpg

IMG_20170514_194403_zps1jmt3wp8.jpg

IMG_20170514_194152_zps74dtm2y0.jpg

Story behind this model:

Somewhere hiden in a plaines of Alaska he is waiting for his deadly move ! :D

Have a nice evening !

• Like 19

1 minute ago, AngstROM said:

Well, I always thought the Super Hornet would make a cool grey VFC-12 'Ambush' adversary...! Why shouldn't the Bones have some fun too? :wink:

Ye i have seen that but i have problems with splinter camo :D . I always get paint spils through masking :o .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Karlo said:

i have problems with splinter camo :D . I always get paint spils through masking :o .

Yeah; I got an Su-35S coming up with that thing sometime & I'm NOT looking forward to it! Besides, I'm not a fan of hard demarcations (or splinter patterns, for that matter!) on this kind of scheme -the wavy effect like this is much more to my liking. :yes:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AngstROM said:

Yeah; I got an Su-35S coming up with that thing sometime & I'm NOT looking forward to it! Besides, I'm not a fan of hard demarcations (or splinter patterns, for that matter!) on this kind of scheme -the wavy effect like this is much more to my liking. :yes:

Same to me ! But sometimes splinter camo looks so aggresive, depends on pattern but mostly i like wavy too. And this is what i would like to build next :D. Looks so brutal !

http://studiogekko.blogspot.hr/p/rafale.html

• Like 1

9 hours ago, exdraken said:

The new US Navy camo!

I like it!

That is reason why i like russian aircraft, they always make some kind of cool looking camo

7 hours ago, Gerrardandrews said:

Very interesting paint scheme 😊

Idea came from F-16 aggresor arctic camo, but just needed a little bit adjust for F-18

6 hours ago, AngstROM said:

Dude, you have to do one of those! :thumbsup:

Ye that is next in program :D !

• Like 2

Karlo, excellent camouflage scheme matched only by your EXCELLENT brush work!!!  Thanks the excellent view... Regars..

Farouk (tausugAir-HARIBON Decals)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tausugAir said:

Karlo, excellent camouflage scheme matched only by your EXCELLENT brush work!!!  Thanks the excellent view... Regars..

Farouk (tausugAir-HARIBON Decals)

Ty very much !

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BlueNoser said:

Looks great! I really like what you have done with the scheme.

I've just completed the same kit and agree, very nice and fits together well.

Ty very much ! Only thing i didn't like where decals.. Had some problems with them :o

12 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

Yep, that's some great brush work there, well done!

Looks great in that scheme too..

Dermot

Ty for kind words Dermot !

2 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Looks great! Any chance of some natural light shots?

I will do them tommorow, when i come home from work

2 hours ago, Avgas said:

Nice and dirty, just as I like them!

Ye i made gray a bit nasty. Idea was that white and dark areas where painted on eyisting aircraft :D. And i just love some heavy weathering !

IMG_20170516_214532_zps8uidontv.jpg

Some more photos, doggy loves to be in objective

IMG_20170516_214515_zpslcaz25lu.jpg

IMG_20170516_214553_zpsyr2uulal.jpg

And one more photo is of build in process. F-14D tomcat in a jungle theme, kitty in a jungle :D

IMG_20170416_002235_zpswilbfxjp.jpg

I Know many of you are not fans of ''what if'' models but somehow i just love to do them, can't help my self. I just love to express my self through that builds. Tomcat is coming soon to final phase then i will make RAF eurofighter but in a desert camo :D .

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Karlo said:

Ye i made gray a bit nasty. Idea was that white and dark areas where painted on eyisting aircraft :D. And i just love some heavy weathering !

I'm in the final stages of an Arctic F-16 build which I'll post up once done and found it quite difficult to weather in the sense that just right on the white looks like nothing at all on the black. Go a bit heavier so the black looks weathered and the white looks like it took a mud bath. I settled somewhere in the middle eventually.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Avgas said:

I'm in the final stages of an Arctic F-16 build which I'll post up once done and found it quite difficult to weather in the sense that just right on the white looks like nothing at all on the black. Go a bit heavier so the black looks weathered and the white looks like it took a mud bath. I settled somewhere in the middle eventually.

Well there is one thing you could do, make a white wash. You need acrylic paint, water and dishwasher ( is it spelled correct ?). So you give one drop of white paint, 3 drops of dish-thingy and 5 drops of watter. Stear it good and you are fine to wash model with it. It will give some great results on Black paint. Give it like 12 houres to dry and then clean it with wet paper towel. Works for me !