US half track/Duce and a half trailers in 1/35.

Wafu

Hi,

Need some help guys, can anyone tell if the Mirror models CWT 10 kit is the same as used by the US troops in the ETO, 1944/45?

If not, can you please advise me if I can get this in a kit in 1/35?

Thanks in advance.

The Woo

The 10cwt trailer by Mirror is a UK model, 10cwt GS Trailer.  Our version of the US M100/Bantam T3 Jeep trailer.  Unlikely to have been used by US forces except "borrowed".

In plastic, you only have the M100 1/2 ton and M101 3/4 ton trailers from Italeri.  The M101 is ancient, having originally been Max or Peerless back in the 70's bundled with their Dodge 3/4 ton before Airfix got it and then Italeri.  I think Zvezda might have re-boxed it too.  Value Gear do some nice resin stowage plugs for both.

I think the one you might be referring to is the G518 1 ton trailer, made by Ben Hur, Bantam and others.  Twice the weight capacity of the Mirror model and substantially larger.  

There are at least 3 kits in 1/48 and some in Braille, which doesn't help.  I believe (subject to anyone knowing better) that the only choice in 1/35 is Masters Productions from France, here: http://www.scalelink.co.uk/acatalog/Masters_Productions_1_35_scale___WW2.html .  It's right down towards the bottom of the page.

Image result for Ben Hur trailer WW2  Image result for Ben Hur trailer WW2

Image result for Ben Hur trailer WW2

• Like 1

That's the ticket. The nearest I can find is the U-Model version and we all know about ordering from them😂

If I had plans I'd have a go at scratch building. They look like stock GMC wheels.

Thanks DA for the point in the right direction.