Airfix Supermarine Swift

Here is my recently completed Airfix Swift. For some reason I was unable to get hold of this kit locally, so ended up having to order one online. It is finished with my usual mixture of Gunze and Tamiya acrylics, thinned with cellulose thinners and with Tamiya gloss and flat coats for final preparation. AK washes were used for panel lines, some of which are less distinct than others. The kit itself was fairly average in terms of buildability. Relatively little filler was used (just for the fuselage seam) but the fit of the cockpit wasn't great and there is very little room for the much-needed nose weight. The canopy is quite fiddly too, but it went on alright in the end. 

swift_01.jpg

swift_02.jpg

swift_03.jpg

swift_04.jpg

• Like 62

Fantastic looking build with an exquisite paint job.  I have one of these hidden away in my stash - was thinking of parting with it due to having too many to build and am running out of space!

kind regards

• Like 1

Good looking aircraft!
Concerning cockpit, is it the "bang seat" from the kit with belts or... ? For sure makes an good looking bang seat much as well for an Swift!

Cheers!

/André

Edited by Andre B
  • Like 1