A Schwarm of Hasegawa Bf109Gs

Jens

Hi all,

I have been allowed to participate in this GB despite the current state of the Hasegawa 1/48 Bf109s I am entering. Thanks, I really appreciate it.
Some years ago I started collecting Hasegawa Bf109s, and I now have most of the issues. I didn't just collect them, I also built some of them (and started building even more). This is why I have a bunch of Bf109s waiting for me to finish them, and this is what I will try to do now.
This is the current stateof my bunch:

Two G-4s (Italian AF issue):

Bf109G-4s_6603.jpg

And a number of G-6/G-14s of various issues (but how many?):
Bf109G-6s_6601.jpg

The G-4s might end up as Italian or JG52 aircraft.
The G-6s will most likely end up as JG3 aircraft with shooting stars or eyes on the cowling bulges, and the early G-14 will end up as Barkhorn's kite. The leaves a couple of aircraft to be decided for (or at least a couple of fuselages - let's see if I find the wings somewhere). :)

Jens

• Like 6

Daunting!

If I were to be in your shoes, I would have nightmares! This is going to be interesting...

JR

It sure has proved interesting so far; finding out how far I got last time I touched these models, and finding all the parts has been a challenge. At the moment I have nine fuselages and seven cockpits. :D

Jens

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Right, it's time for an update. Work on the G-6s/G-14s have progressed slowly but steadily. Two of them are now almost ready for paint, the third is moving towards that stage, while another two still have some work to be done before getting to the fun part (painting).

bf109s_2017-06-11.jpg

As you can see I have had to fill some heavy sink marks on the flaps, but overall the fit is good, and the kits are easy and quick to build.

My G-4s have been stalled so far. The resin insert for the upper cowling has shrunk and I wasn't really in the mood for major corrective work.

Jens

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

As so often before my GB entries got sidetracked by some other kits (Wingman Alpha Jet, Academy F-4B and Tamiya F-16s), so I did not manage to finish any of them. They are closer to the painting stage than ever before though. :)

Jens

• Like 1