I'm back again. 

A small update tonight, not had much spare time recently. 

Working my way up from the bottom. 

Looking at the rear of his legs, there are a couple of pistons /actuators.... 

th6hMyk3pax9S-D7sexbOntTTW4-_jdu7kPZpyQNkINe_i_nN8irsUjcrHuk2U8OucM=w720

This is the best shot I could find.

This is what the kit supplies...

2017-05-20_08-04-23

A total travesty. Nowt like the movie suit.

So, this is my fix. A few sections of brass rod, tube and some styrene tubes.

2017-05-20_08-04-53

Much better. I think. At this point, the styrene tubes need glueing to the leg brackets, and the tops capping off.

Should look ok under some paint.

Next up, need to put some sheet over the soles of his boots, might add a bit of tread detail too.

Also a few pin holes to fill in.

Matt

• Like 3

Howdy.

Back again. More work afoot. See what I did there?

DSC_0404DSC_0403DSC_0402

Legs now assembled. Heated the joins at the knee with a hairdryer, smooshed them together to get the best fit, then quenched them in cold water.

Just a matter then of applying superglue and mating them up.

The last picture shows the, possible, mistake I made early on in the build. Due to the narrow groin section I was worried there wouldn't be enough room inside to contain both hip flanges, so I cut the flange off of the right leg. I think it may be a decision that comes back to haunt me, as it might make attaching the leg harder.

DSC_0405DSC_0406

Robogroin attached to upper torso. This is the best alignment I could manage, as the lower section is narrower than the torso. In most of the pictures I can find, the lower section looks tha same size, or even slightly bigger than the torso section. 

Hopefully it will look ok when it's all painted black.

That's it, for now, got the hands to attach to the arms, and his gun might need a bit of work too.

Matt

• Like 3

I'm back again.

Time for another sporadic update.

2017-05-27_02-48-062017-05-27_02-48-30

Got some primer on the legs. Mainly as a guide coat,  to help spot any problem areas. The surface detail is starting to pop out too, but I think a lot of the panel lines need re-scribing, as I think they might dissappear under the top coat 

2017-05-27_02-48-56

First problem area has arisen. The top of his feet are rather lumpy. I've started to sand one down, to try and lower the high spots a bit. Still a bit more sanding to do, then a spot of filler.

2017-05-27_04-07-582017-05-27_02-50-12

Got some primer on the body too. The join on the groin isn't too bad on the front, but the rear is a different kettle of fish. Going to need some work here.

Currently waiting for some filler to dry, then time to start sanding!

Work has been keeping me away from the bench and rather busy, so not sure when the next update will be.

Matt 

Managed to find time to do a bit of work on robocop. 

2017-05-29_09-31-512017-05-29_09-32-25

Time to tackle the body to groin join.

The primer highlighted the join nicely, and it's not too bad. The back is certainly worse than the front. I've used Squadron green stuff, and an old scalpel blade, I've filled and sanded the join.

2017-05-31_07-29-212017-05-31_07-29-43

Most fiddley bit was at the rear, at the base of the spine, where the join is. Got in there with a piece of 360 grit paper folded up a couple of times. I think I've got it just about there,also sanded the rest of the surface to level it up. Just needs another coat of primer, to check the filling. 

The legs have been reprimed, ready for a polish, then they're ready for paint.

I've trimmed the excess vinyl of his head and am preparing it for primer too.

Only got the arms to sort out, then we should start to see some colour on the old chap.

Thanks for looking in, hope you're enjoying it so far.

Matt

• Like 1

Good progress there Matt, your additions make a lot of difference.

Rather than scribing the panel lines deeper (which might be tricky in vinyl as it's a bit "snaggy") have you considered reinforcing them by tracing the line with a propelling pencil after painting?

Will

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice will. I did try a little bit of scribing on the vinyl, but it didn't go well.

I've got some flory wash I'm going to try later, hopefully that might work.

I might call on you for some advice, at a later date, as you seem to be an expert at figure painting. I've never tried painting flesh tones, and I might need some help! 

Thanks for looking in. 

Matt