Trumpeter 1/48 F-100C

Hi,

It has been a while since I completed anything, but with having a little more time on my hands just recently I have completed Trumpeters 1/48 F-100C in the colours of 188th TFS, New Mexico Air National Guard, Tuy Hoa, 1070.  I used Eduard's cockpit, exterior and undercarriage set to enhance the detail.  Paints were Mr Hobby on the upper surfaces and Life Color on the underside.  The metallic paint on the rear of the fuselage are Vallejo's dark aluminium and aluminium.

I built this kit as my cousin in the USA was an instrument fitter on these when he was in the Ohio ANG stationed in South Korea.  Unfortunately, no markings are available for a F-100C machine of the Ohio ANG, however there are for a D model.  Guess which kit is next on the list to purchase.  

Next at on the production line is an Italeri F7F N3 Tigercat in Korean War colours.

Regards

Andy

IMG_1018_zpsb3nffh0t.jpg

IMG_1019_zpskfuzxxt0.jpg

IMG_1020_zpsfnydrprj.jpg

IMG_1021_zpsbtfojvab.jpg

IMG_1022_zpsbkhdlzss.jpg

IMG_1023_zpsolfvfovw.jpg

IMG_1024_zpsjywajk0z.jpg

• Like 17

Thanks for the kind comments.  I have found the Vallejo metallic paint easy to use and give a comparable finish to Alclad, but without the smell and being acrylic easier to clean.

kind regards 

Andy