Valiant Wings Airframe Extra - No.7 The Suez Crisis

Julien

Airframe Extra
No.7 The Suez Crisis

Valiant Wings Publishing

suez001.jpg

Continuing with their series of Airframe Extra Books, the latest title Number 7 deals with the first major Post War Conflict to involve the European Powers. It has since been seen by history as the start of then end for the empires. This book is 74 pages in an A4 softcover format. Following the other books of the series it breaks down to sections on History, 47 profiles of aircraft from The RAF, FAA  France & Israel; and 7 models of aircraft from the period. 

suez002.jpg

The colour artwork features many aircraft taking part;

suez003.jpg

suez004.jpg

The seven models features in this volume are;

• Xtrakit 1/72 Meteor F.8.
  • Hobbyboss 1/72 Sea Hawk Mk.6.
  • KP 1/72 Piper J-3 Cub.
  • Tan Model 1/48 RF-84F Thunderflash.
  • Trumpeter 1/72 IL-28 Beagle.
  • Hasegawa P-51D Mustang.
  • Classic Airframes Meteor NF11/13.

suez005.jpg

Conclusion
This is a great seventh  book in the series from Valiant Wings. The combination of history and modelling is a great idea. Highly Recommended.

bin-new.jpg

Review sample courtesy of
VWPLogo.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Julien...thanks for the quick review, much appreciated.

I know you say it's the sixth book in the series but it's actually the 7th...:)

I have to apologise as well for the short text section of this one as it was surprising to me just how difficult it was to compress the political and military intrigues of the time into a useable narrative. Even if this was just a "little" War, it was still so complicated behind the scenes that the available space was soon eaten away. I hope that the book gives everyone a short-sharp shock look at a forgotten conflict and whets the appetite to find a little bit more?

As always, my thanks also go to the people who put their lives on the line in the service of their country, no matter which side they were on...heroes, every one of them.

Cheers

Steve

I got this the other day and I quite like it. I got the 1/72 DP Casper Suez Crisis decal sheet and have quite a few of the models to make, so its a very handy reference. I now know why I have to chop the tail turret off my Il-28 and replace it and that the MPM Meteor kits build up fairly well. I'd love a mainstream company to make a 1/72 Hunter Mk 5 and Venom...

thanks

Mike

• 4 years later...