1/48 - McDD F-4C & D Phantom II by Zoukei Mura - F-4C & D - released - new resin pylons by Hypersonic Models

Homebee

18 hours ago, Homebee said:

F-4D on approach - release expected in February 2018 in Japan.

New tooling? Does this mean a new rear and corrected fuselage?

"J,S,C,D reproduced each one with a different new tooling."

I would say no. They sell like crazy, I doubt you will see anything different,  just the usual variant parts.

The contours on the engine humps between the turbine warning stripe and the exhausts (where the hard crease along the spine's cross section blends out to a gentle s-curve cross section around the engines) are wrong.

It's a subtle shape issue that bothers some people, while others are fine with it (the shape, that is... they're *furious* that some people are unhappy with the contours  :rolleyes:)

• Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 11:42 PM, ICMF said:

The contours on the engine humps between the turbine warning stripe and the exhausts (where the hard crease along the spine's cross section blends out to a gentle s-curve cross section around the engines) are wrong.

It's a subtle shape issue that bothers some people, while others are fine with it (the shape, that is... they're *furious* that some people are unhappy with the contours  :rolleyes:)

These people obviously need to get a life........I'm a great advocate of the "if it looks right, it is right" school besides which I simply do not have the time of day to worry about such minutiae.....:wonder:   

• Like 3

Released: F-4D variant

Source: http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_099.html

The Old Man Blog No.098 -The long-awaited F-4 D, finally available from February 17th (Sat)!!

Hey hey hey!!
Following J,S and C, D-Type is coming up!!
Being an F-4 Phantom fan,
I'm already in love with this impressive presence!!

F-4

▋The long-awaited F-4D, finally available from February 17th (Sat)!!
(Release date is the same within Japan. Release from SWS Friend Shops overseas will be some days later, differing from store to store. Inquire at each store for details).

Up date:February 16th, 2017

SWS brothers, how are you doing?

Here in Kyoto, Japan, we're still in the middle of winter with cold days going on and on.
This year we reached such a low temperature, something that happens only one time in 5 years; some days ago we had a 25 centimeter record-snowfall in Tokyo, the capital of Japan, in addition to all the other cities frozen by this cold.

I envy the climate of the southern hemisphere approaching the midsummer.

Well, the long-awaited "D-Type" joins the top-selling SWS48 F-4 series which continues to perform excellently.
Following the previous C-Type, this kit will become a fine piece of your collection; enjoy its typical markings and camouflage painting, and its unique parts accurately reproduced.
Dear F-4 fan, enjoy J, S, C, and this [D], an incredible lineup that will shake the bottom of your heart.

▋SWS 1/48 F-4D
available from February 17th (Sat) at any VOLKS Store and SWS Friend Shop across Japan!

img_099b002-package.jpg
img_099b002-01.jpg
img_099b002-02.jpg

▋Excitation at its max! This is what happens every time you open the box of a stunning 1/48 F-4!
Parts have been packed tightly. Each one has been inserted in a big polyethylene bag for protection. Be prudent and take each part out with patience.

img_099b002-03.jpg
img_099b002-04.jpg
img_099b002-05.jpg
img_099b002-06.jpg
img_099b002-07.jpg
img_099b002-08.jpg
img_099b002-09.jpg
img_099b002-10.jpg
img_099b002-11.jpg
img_099b002-12.jpg

▋This is the most wanted transparent part of the canopy air! Finely polished to enhance the tooling.

I want it too!!
SWS48
To celebrate the new release of our F-4D
Zoukei-mura's Special Button Badge,
as a present for you!!

(Special Button Badges will be available also at Friend Shops overseas, for every customer who buys an F-4 kit. Please inquire at your closest Friend Shop for details.
Furthermore, the badges come with every F-4 kit, J,S,C and D. Until supplies last.)

img_099b002-13.jpg

▋From 2/17 (Saturday) at any Volks Shop or Friend Shop for each SWS48 F-4 kit purchased, one "F-4 Button Badge" selectable among the ones in the picture.

*This campaign will continue until supplies last, so hurry up!!!
The diameter of the badge is 75 mm. Designed by SWS Development Team.

SWS48 F-4 Kit
Click here to purchase from VOLKS Website Store

New entries for the high-acclaimed
"F-4 Special Diorama Base"!!

The finished F-4 gets even more stunning thanks to this diorama base, reviving your room.

img_099b002-db05.jpg
▋Diorama Base 05 for 1/48 F-4C
Resin made, pre-painted, 295mm diamater 2,000 JPY(+fee)
We accurately reproduced the runway of the Keflavik Base where, back in 1976, the Iceland Defense Force stationed.
(The wooden base in the picture is not included)
img_099b002-db06.jpg
▋Diorama Base 06 for 1/48 F-4C
Resin made, pre-painted, 295mm diamater 2,000 JPY(+fee)
We accurately reproduced the taxiway of Ubon Base in Thailand.
(The wooden base in the picture is not included)
img_099b002-f4map.jpg
Edited by Homebee

20 hours ago, petarvu said:

What about promised Pave knife and ecm pods, on promotion leaflet those are numbered as one of 8 differences. If this was a word game....come on.

It states "F-4C/D fans, pay attention to these 8 differences". It does not say they are included in the kit. In fact the references to the computer systems are merely that the actual aircraft was equipped with them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Personally I think it's OTT all round for what to me already looks like a perfectly nice kit. I guess my accuracy tolerances are set to 'reasonably forgiving'. For me, inaccurate and in need of major rework = Airfix Space 1999 Eagle Transporter c. 1978, whereas acceptably accurate and just in need of some AMS 'makeup' = everything else in my stash. Just my tuppence. 

After reworking my ZM Phantom by handgrinding I can tell you that I will buy this correction for every ZM Phantom I have. The products of Hypersonic usually fit like a glove so not much of a problem to install, just measure precise first and cut exact.

Big improvement and time saving.

By the way, regarding this thread I find it interesting that they (ZM)have the cheek not to even consider correcting the moulds for a very pricey and otherwise very nice kit and instead go the typical marketing way and promote the kit with super duper special button badges.

This is the point why I like GWH, they listen and correct many of the mistakes.

Curious about the F4-E and the way they will either explain why the rear fuselage mistake is corrected although not needed to be corrected or they will make the same mistake, then i'll stick to my Hasegawa kits.

It's up to every modeller to decide for themselves whether they "need" it (well, who "needs" a model in the first place...). I love the ZM Phantom kits, but shape is important to me and I want this error to be fixed.

Yes, you have to cut up the fuselage and do some sanding so it's a bit more involved than most of my other sets, but I've tried to make it as easy as possible, with sticky cutting guide strips and thorough instructions included. Also, I've added some more detail to the surface.

J

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2018 at 11:42 AM, Hayabusa said:

After reworking my ZM Phantom by handgrinding I can tell you that I will buy this correction for every ZM Phantom I have. The products of Hypersonic usually fit like a glove so not much of a problem to install, just measure precise first and cut exact.

Big improvement and time saving.

By the way, regarding this thread I find it interesting that they (ZM)have the cheek not to even consider correcting the moulds for a very pricey and otherwise very nice kit and instead go the typical marketing way and promote the kit with super duper special button badges.

This is the point why I like GWH, they listen and correct many of the mistakes.

Curious about the F4-E and the way they will either explain why the rear fuselage mistake is corrected although not needed to be corrected or they will make the same mistake, then i'll stick to my Hasegawa kits.

IIRC ZM is aware of the shape issue on the rear fuselage of their F-4C/D/J/S. They do not plan on correcting this. I have the ZM F-4J and a bunch of the Eduard boxings of Academy kits and Hypersonic upgrades and corrections.

ZM has measured an F-4E and they will use those measurements to make a new fuselage sprue with the rear end having the correct shape. 

I'm planning on getting the ZM F-4E when it's released and I'm assuming the F-4EJ Kai will follow.

Yes, GWH is a top notch company. I have their MiG-29 which has the corrected fuselage keel. However not all the manufacturers will go to great lengths to correct errors.

• 4 weeks later...

Soon

Sources: 

https://www.hypersonicmodels.com/product/f-4-phantom-fuselage-correction

https://www.facebook.com/hypersonicmodels/posts/1879072078845486?__xts__[0]=68.ARCDMyBG5XMYbJKiHW3itfi7-KwRUXUT3Hsf-KNfIuqUVf8L6ZDyUcvMtgyN_YK6vuqnYaMctKK9FAqAm0_9K5no2dq0O_xXpOFwdUvLcILKfVtDm4C_giNjYHGagm8inedxdBy1raNmfCFGwysJBnJyLewE39NPUE-w49ths5D_PJaTBkGODg&__tn__=-R

F-4 Phantom Fuselage Correction Set

Price: ¥1300

This is a set of aft fuselage half parts that correct the shape error on the engine shoulders of the Zoukei Mura short nose Phantoms. in addition to the re-shaped geometry, some surface detail has been improved. Please note that this is not a drop-fit replacement set. Cutting of the fuselage is required, as well as some sanding of the remaining kit plastic and then puttying and blending of the new resin parts. Self adhesive cutting guide strips are provided that will mark the precise cutting line and guide your tool. As always, thorough instructions are provided.

Product Code: HMR 48029

Stock Status: Release TBC

*All products are priced in Japanese Yen. Prices displayed in other currencies are exchange rate calculation estimates. The actual payment figure after conversion and fees may vary.

DSC_0949a.jpg DSC_0948a.jpg

DSC_0943a.jpg DSC_0960a.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Dedicated (or nearly) Wingman Models decals sheet - ref. HoPD48001 - McDD  F-4C Phantom II of the 58th TFTW at Luke AFB

Source: https://www.facebook.com/wingmanmodels/posts/1197350110451711

Dear friends – Phantastic News! We are now launching our all new new website “House of Phantoms”.

Our aim is to bring you the best in high quality F-4 Phantom details, design and graphics including books, scale drawings, decals sets and resin accessories. With fascinating ‘Phantom Phacts’, figures, data and as yet, unseen photos as well as the occasional intriguing story. ��You will be able to get a complete understanding of the F-4 Phantom and its operators as well as technical and historical knowledge of all aspects the F-4 inside and out, with our hardcover books in our “Ultimate F-4 Phantom II Collection”.

Our first new decal sheet in a series of USAF(E) related topics, HoPD 48001, will deal with the F-4Cs of the 58th TFTW at Luke AFB. Of course we have included all the striped "Candy Cane" F-4s and many other line aircraft from the 310th, 311th, 426th and 550th TFTS. The decal is designed to fit the phantastic Zoukei-Mura F-4C kit SWS No. 6. For In the future, we are planning to release a slightly revised version of this decal in 1/72 and 1/32 scales.

Also, our amazing new book ‘Canadian Silver Stars’, 236 pages with over 300 phantastic photos and colour profiles, is now ready for order. Or come and visit us at Scale Model World 2019/Telford and get your copy signed by the author Patrick Martin.

Stay tuned!

Andreas

75004986-1197361493783906-38366535477519

74617640-1197372683782787-68181138749071

V.P

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1