1/48 - McDD F-4C & D Phantom II by Zoukei Mura - F-4C & D - released - new resin pylons by Hypersonic Models

Homebee

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, mungo1974 said:

For the love of god will someone please give us a new tool F-4E/F/G in 1/48...Hasegawa's is so long in the tooth now.

Both ZM and Academy have proved there's still a market for new Phantoms.

I'd bet a banana split that ZM will do an E/F/G within the next couple of years.

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mungo1974 said:

For the love of god will someone please give us a new tool F-4E/F/G in 1/48...Hasegawa's is so long in the tooth now.

Both ZM and Academy have proved there's still a market for new Phantoms.

In the original comment thread, within the Facebook post, Cybermodeller reported that a ZM F-4E/F/G is next 'according to ZM'. I cannot find that comment thread, within the post as it is posted now, but it certainly was there when I shared the FB post to another modelling group two days ago.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped by at the ZM booth at the recent IPMS USA convention and talked Phantoms with the ZM team. I was told by the Old Man himself (through an interpreter) that the long nose Phantoms are being worked on and that they should follow after the C & D models. When it came to Phantoms, the overall mood of the ZM team was very upbeat so this focus on Phantoms seems to be going well for ZM. I did put in a request for some QF4s!

Have fun modeling

Mike

:cheers:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Source: http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_097.html

img_097b2583_en.jpg

▋Yes! I absolutely want you F-4C fans to see it! Our newest F-4C! More strengthened by a long training in preparation of the real battles, its existence and its role among the F-4 family cannot be overlooked. We'll be waiting for you at Zoukei-mura booth in Telford.

img_097b-f4c_ad_en.jpg
img_097b-f4c_kobayashi.jpg

▋And finally the long-awaited F-4 C is here!
This is the famous aircraft that participated to the ADC (Air Defense Corps) shooting competition "William Tell'76" held for the 200th anniversary of the foundation of the United States.
Of course, the memorial camouflage is included with the kit.

All the differences with J and S have been reproduced; along with the new engine J79-GE-15, the operating system for the pilot in the front seat and the weapon system operator in the back seat. The landing gear show the passage from high-pressure tires of J and S-model to low-pressure tires. Approach and taxi lights have also been reproduced. The catapult hook has been removed from the main wings and the inside of the front edge flap is movable. With other particulars like the IR scanner fairing under the nose, the peculiar shape of C-model has been faithfully reproduced.
Hey you grinning! You're definitely an F-4C fan.
Back in those days, F-4C was used mainly for operations from the land base, so we decided to reproduce that particular shape.
From J to S. Then, following this C, D is scheduled for the close future, to give more and more depth to your F-4 collection.
I already see all the F-4 lined up in front of your eyes.
(This kit has been produced in a very small quantity, so be quick to get it!)

V.P.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

to me there is a difference......

But the question still remains, what to do about it?

Correct it, not buy it or just build it and enjoy the experience.

I've started mine and looking at it, doesn't deter me enough to ever lose sleep over.

• Like 1