Douglas DC 3 / C47 Skytrain GB Chat

hi Guys,

just about to start in on Trump[eters 1/48 scale  C-47,  got the QuickBoost Engine Cowls, Mastercasters Fabric Rudder and the Eduard interior packs to go with it.

The BBMF colour scheme I've chosen from the Xtradecal set is for ZA947 decked out as  KG374 YS-DM, as it flew out of Down Ampney, not too far away from where I am.

As I want to model it on the ground with jump/cargo doors open, I've got a bit of an obscure question to ask of you, what colour is the area under the seats painted?  The one picture I've found shows me that it's a sort of bluey grey(looks almost underside blue maybe), but the lighting isn't great (yellow tinged work lights and all that interior green) so my take on the colour palette may be way off? 

The_interior_of_the_BBMF's_Douglas_Dakot

cheers

Andy.

(I've not done aircraft of this size before, I normally do 1/35 armour, 1/144 scale military or Space/SciFi)

Edited by andygif290368

• 3 weeks later...

Built the new Airfix kit for an IPMS/USA review but did it in Israeli markings.  Nice kit and I have another in the stash to do "That's All Brother".  Also have an Italerli AC-47 kit and the Monogram 48th scale gunship.

Kind of hoping Airfix releases Puff at a future time as they have already done 4 boxing's with the kit with only decals being different.

rmbm5OOBv_8wgltgrSqJA6Ef60st9Zy_9UlsFrXs

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening

I would like to remind you that this Gb ends next Sunday so Don't forget to finish your build and place it the Gallery .

All the best

Patrice

Good morning all

This Gb is now finished I’m sorry for those who couldn’t finish in time to put their build in the gallery but you can still finish it ..

It was a great Gb with a lot of great builds I hope you enjoy this Gb as much as I did ..

Patrice

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Odd to think that there are more Dak's currently at Duxford than were completed in this GB. I have been to Duxford twice since hey started arriving and the sight of 11 in the Air at one time yesterday (Monday) was amazing. I hope to see them in the air tomorrow (Wednesday) as I live on the route from DX to Colchester.

• Like 2