Douglas DC 3 / C47 Skytrain GB Chat

4 hours ago, Vingtor said:

Put me in. I have a BOAC Dakota (WWII), an ABA DC-3 and a RNAF C-47 on my todo list.

Nils

Good afternoon Nils

Welcome aboard

Best Regards

Patrice

Here we go! I'll be doing an OOB C-47 in either brazilian or argentine colours.

It would be the first OOB I've built since 1996 :fool:

Cheers. Moggy

Edited by Moggy
typo
  • Haha 1

Shame | had forgotten about this as I am midway through building  an Airfix one for someone. Maybe though I could do one of my 1/144 ones from the stash and aftermarket decals instead.

3 hours ago, Moggy said:

Here we go! I'll be doing an OOB C-47 in either brazilian or argentine colours.

It would be the first OOB I've built since 1996 :fool:

Cheers. Moggy

Good afternoon Moggy

Thanks a lot :clap2:you are the 25th participant and  Welcome aboard ..

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul J said:

Shame | had forgotten about this as I am midway through building  an Airfix one for someone. Maybe though I could do one of my 1/144 ones from the stash and aftermarket decals instead.

Good afternoon Paul

This Gb will be an excellent excuse to buy another C47/DC3 Kit ...  ;)

Best regards

Patrice

4 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Paul

This Gb will be an excellent excuse to buy another C47/DC3 Kit ...  ;)

Best regards

Patrice

I already have five built ones to 1/72nd and three 1/144 built.None go on display except a few shows I go to but am always happy to build Daks!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paul J said:

I already have five built ones to 1/72nd and three 1/144 built.None go on display except a few shows I go to but am always happy to build Daks!

Good afternoon Paul

You know what they say "One cannot have too much of C 47 Dakota / DC 3" ;);)...

Best regards

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 1

On 13/05/2017 at 6:54 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

Just to be clear, I don't currently have a C-47 in my stash to build.

I will be looking for one at Gloucester Model Show tomorrow - and hope to join you.

Edited: didn't find one at a price I'm prepared to pay, so you'll have to proceed without me.

Sorry to say that this has not changed.

Much as I'd like to join in, I've not got a C47 kit to build with you.

Could you remove me from the list of interested participants, as the misrepresents the figures.

I'll let you know if a kit comes my way - but it's unlikely.

1 hour ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Sorry to say that this has not changed.

Much as I'd like to join in, I've not got a C47 kit to build with you.

Could you remove me from the list of interested participants, as the misrepresents the figures.

I'll let you know if a kit comes my way - but it's unlikely.

Good evening theplasticsurgeon

Argh that is too bad , maybe I can send you an Italeri C47 to make you change your mind ? 

Patrice

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Patrice,

I had to search the site for a bit, because I was sure I've seen this thread, but couldn't find it. until now. I'm in! Hopefully we now have 25 participants for sure? so we are set to go I hope? (although that last bit will be in the hands of the moderators of course)

How can I not participate? So many great schemes (civil and military), even different countries (the DC3/C47 and their Russian and Japanese sisters). And of course, my dad being an active member of the Dutch Dakota Association (DDA), which meant I was really close and personal with the DC3. After all, who wouldn't be smitten when you go to an airshow, dad tells you it's really busy on the road home, so why not fly back with the Dakota? So, you're 14, and you pass the security, go on the platform, board the plane and fly off... great memories, and yes, real flying. And lets not forget waving a sheet in the garden when you hear the engines of the Dakota and knowing that dad's on board, probably had a friendly word with the pilot so that he would fly over our house. Dad would see we appreciated his effort :lol:

So yes, I've built a fair number of DC3s, but wouldn't mind to build another one of two. Pre-war KLM-scheme in silver or orange? postwar ones are nice too! The Flying Dutchman KLM one, or the Air France one (the DDA Dakota had one of each side  when they were sponsored by KLM/Air France). The BOAC war scheme? Or maybe a warhorse; D-day, battle of Arnhem, Berlin Air Bridge, French Indochina? Dutch airforce had some great schemes too... spoilt for choice.
There even was a DC2 1/5, where a DC3 had a wing so badly damaged that they had to replace it. Only wing available to them was a DC2 wing. Would be nice to scratchbuild one...

So... come on, guys and gals, so much choice, and so many great schemes! Join!!! (no, I don't have shares in companies like Airfix or Italeri, and Patrice didn't force me either ;)

Oh, and a last question for you Patrice, just to be sure, all the DC3 variants will be included, but is the DC2 also ok? Considering the small differences between the types (and i have a model waiting in the stash :lol:

Edited by Dorbeck
emoticons added

7 hours ago, Dorbeck said:

Hi Patrice,

I had to search the site for a bit, because I was sure I've seen this thread, but couldn't find it. until now. I'm in! Hopefully we now have 25 participants for sure? so we are set to go I hope? (although that last bit will be in the hands of the moderators of course)

How can I not participate? So many great schemes (civil and military), even different countries (the DC3/C47 and their Russian and Japanese sisters). And of course, my dad being an active member of the Dutch Dakota Association (DDA), which meant I was really close and personal with the DC3. After all, who wouldn't be smitten when you go to an airshow, dad tells you it's really busy on the road home, so why not fly back with the Dakota? So, you're 14, and you pass the security, go on the platform, board the plane and fly off... great memories, and yes, real flying. And lets not forget waving a sheet in the garden when you hear the engines of the Dakota and knowing that dad's on board, probably had a friendly word with the pilot so that he would fly over our house. Dad would see we appreciated his effort :lol:

So yes, I've built a fair number of DC3s, but wouldn't mind to build another one of two. Pre-war KLM-scheme in silver or orange? postwar ones are nice too! The Flying Dutchman KLM one, or the Air France one (the DDA Dakota had one of each side  when they were sponsored by KLM/Air France). The BOAC war scheme? Or maybe a warhorse; D-day, battle of Arnhem, Berlin Air Bridge, French Indochina? Dutch airforce had some great schemes too... spoilt for choice.
There even was a DC2 1/5, where a DC3 had a wing so badly damaged that they had to replace it. Only wing available to them was a DC2 wing. Would be nice to scratchbuild one...

So... come on, guys and gals, so much choice, and so many great schemes! Join!!! (no, I don't have shares in companies like Airfix or Italeri, and Patrice didn't force me either ;)

Oh, and a last question for you Patrice, just to be sure, all the DC3 variants will be included, but is the DC2 also ok? Considering the small differences between the types (and i have a model waiting in the stash :lol:

Good morning Dorbeck

Welcome and Thanks to you we are now 25 at last and I will ask to the moderators to give us a date ..

I see you have a large choice in mind of course this Gb is opened to all the DC 3 variants (C47 , LI 2 , Basler BT 67 ..) and also to the DC 2...

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

This STGB is now confirmed for 2019.  We just have to arrange a date.

I thought I read somewhere that this GB was planned for sometime in Feb 18? 

Like most things, I could be wrong, however this date seems to stick in my head for some reason. 

No drama, just thought I'd enquire to (once again) prove myself wrong! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19-10-2017 at 8:33 AM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Dorbeck

Welcome and Thanks to you we are now 25 at last and I will ask to the moderators to give us a date ..

I see you have a large choice in mind of course this Gb is opened to all the DC 3 variants (C47 , LI 2 , Basler BT 67 ..) and also to the DC 2...

Best regards

Patrice

Hi Patrice,

great to have the DC2 included! I'll be saving my DC2 kit for this GB. And with Enzo Matrix confirming the GB for 2019, it gives me the time to get some DC3 kits  and decals as well. Now I just have to be strong.... don't build it yet... don't build it yet... (and an other voice in my head says: just build it... time enough to get some other suitable kits... ;))

Lookning forward to this!

Thanks Patrice and Enzo for putting it on the calender!

Edited by Dorbeck
spelling...
  • Like 1

Just for the blonde, the title Douglas DC 3 / C47 Skytrain GB @25 confirmed today 19/10/2017 , means you got the 25 participants that you needed on that date, and not the start date of the GB, which I originally thought.

There is mention it is for 2019, is that correct?,  I must confess I got confused when people were withdrawing because they don't yet have a kit, but if it is a year or more away seems odd.

So if it is 2019 put me down as well, but set me a reminder, my memory is shot.

9 hours ago, Graeme H said:

Just for the blonde, the title Douglas DC 3 / C47 Skytrain GB @25 confirmed today 19/10/2017 , means you got the 25 participants that you needed on that date, and not the start date of the GB, which I originally thought.

There is mention it is for 2019, is that correct?,  I must confess I got confused when people were withdrawing because they don't yet have a kit, but if it is a year or more away seems odd.

So if it is 2019 put me down as well, but set me a reminder, my memory is shot.

Good monring Greaeme

This Gb is scheduled for 2019 , I will contact Enzo for the dates ...

Best regards

Patrice

13 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Nice, better save one of my C-47 kits for then :D 

Good afternoon RAY

I hope you will manage to save at least one to take part to this Gb ..

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 1

Just over a year off. It may be long but plenty of time to research the many kits and schemes. I have two Roden AC-47, 2x Minicraft ones ( which need some remedial work to correct) All 1/144th and an Airfix one. But I may well do one of my Roden 1/144 ones well before time. Still look forward to it.