1/72 - Vickers Warwick resin kit by Alley Cat - 2017 project...

Homebee

Alley Cat is working on a 1/72nd Vickers Warwick resin kit.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AlleyCatModels/posts/659582620908936

Injection probably highly unlikely, planning to issue it in 2\3 editions: transport, bomber/GR, and ASR. Engines and glazing the deciders.

18268236_659582127575652_483425992099229

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

Flog it now before the news becomes widespread. It worked when I sold my Mach 2 Mariner and B-45. 

And, though the price will likely be eye-watering, I'll definitely give this kit serious consideration when the time comes! 

Edited by Kevin Callahan

• 6 months later...

Like the earlier comment, it would be great to see a Airfix version of this, although I have never done a Alley Cat model, what are they like? With the list of British WW2 operational aircraft being modelled coming to an end, the opportunities of Airfix and similar companies would express interest in filling these gaps before smaller model companies do?  Time will tell.

4 hours ago, IrishKiwi said:

Like the earlier comment, it would be great to see a Airfix version of this, although I have never done a Alley Cat model, what are they like? With the list of British WW2 operational aircraft being modelled coming to an end, the opportunities of Airfix and similar companies would express interest in filling these gaps before smaller model companies do?  Time will tell.

I have a still to be built Gannet AEW.3 from Alley Cat and the parts are beautifully cast with lots of refined detail. Check out some of the build threads on here & you'll see it builds as most well engineered limited run kits can. There are some lovely completed examples in the RFI section.

I think this could be Alley Cat's largest kit to date (I'm happy to be corrected here) but I anticipate it will have all the hallmarks of their previous kits, as well as filling a big hole in my stash pile while creating an equally large hole in my bank balance. All in all, I'm looking forward to its release.

Edge

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Well, I've picked up about two thirds of one today.

At the Brampton show the very first Warwicks were available, and you could have a C, a GR, or an ASR (with two lifeboats).  There may be two others on the way too, although as the development of the Warwick is utterly confusing, I wouldn't like to warrant as to which.

The slightly bad news is that, at this stage, you could buy only the resin; but the clear parts, the undercarriage, the decals and the instructions are being sent on at no extra cost.  This may be why the Warwick hasn't yet appeared on the AlleyCat website.  The slightly good news is I think the price was a little lower than it will be when all the bits can be bought at the same time.

The timescales for the full package are a little uncertain at the moment.  I'm afraid it seems unlikely that it will be possible to buy it in instalments at any other upcoming shows.  But it's a predictably classy package and well worth having, for all that it's far from cheap.

• 3 years later...
On 9/30/2018 at 10:56 PM, pigsty said:

Well, I've picked up about two thirds of one today.

At the Brampton show the very first Warwicks were available, and you could have a C, a GR, or an ASR (with two lifeboats).  There may be two others on the way too, although as the development of the Warwick is utterly confusing, I wouldn't like to warrant as to which.

The slightly bad news is that, at this stage, you could buy only the resin; but the clear parts, the undercarriage, the decals and the instructions are being sent on at no extra cost.  This may be why the Warwick hasn't yet appeared on the AlleyCat website.  The slightly good news is I think the price was a little lower than it will be when all the bits can be bought at the same time.

The timescales for the full package are a little uncertain at the moment.  I'm afraid it seems unlikely that it will be possible to buy it in instalments at any other upcoming shows.  But it's a predictably classy package and well worth having, for all that it's far from cheap.

no more news since then?

4 hours ago, iaf-man said:

no more news since then?

Coo, this takes me back!

There were a lot of delays, some caused by Alec's health and some by the lockdown, and some not.  Eventually the three of us who'd started buying Warwicks got our outstanding bits by various means, the last being the decals and instructions at 2021's Brampton show.  If you buy the ASR version you get a choice of boats, and the geodetic structure is very nicely rendered, particularly on the wings.  A friend bashed on and built his, and while he found it a bit of a challenge in places - especially the glazing and the turrets - it came out pretty well. 

Of course, with all having changed at AlleyCat, I'm afraid I can't say how easy it'll be to get your hands on a Warwick now.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, pigsty said:

Coo, this takes me back!

There were a lot of delays, some caused by Alec's health and some by the lockdown, and some not.  Eventually the three of us who'd started buying Warwicks got our outstanding bits by various means, the last being the decals and instructions at 2021's Brampton show.  If you buy the ASR version you get a choice of boats, and the geodetic structure is very nicely rendered, particularly on the wings.  A friend bashed on and built his, and while he found it a bit of a challenge in places - especially the glazing and the turrets - it came out pretty well. 

Of course, with all having changed at AlleyCat, I'm afraid I can't say how easy it'll be to get your hands on a Warwick now.

Thanks for the update!!

Alec moved all sales to Modelsforsale now,but they have no trace of this kit,nor did I remember was it on his site as well

Isaac

Edited by iaf-man

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Vickers Warwick resin kit by Alley Cat - 2017 project...

For me it is a perfect candidate for the first multi-engine Arma Hobby kit.

After all, out of 750 850 Warwicks built, as many as 65 were used by the Polish squadrons in the RAF.

Cheers

Michael

Edited by KRK4m
typo corrected
  • Like 5

On 4/29/2022 at 1:49 PM, iaf-man said:

Thanks for the update!!

Alec moved all sales to Modelsforsale now,but they have no trace of this kit,nor did I remember was it on his site as well

Isaac

Ah, so that explains why there is so much AlleyCat stuff on ModelsforSale now. Those items have been putting a dent in my wallet.

• 9 months later...

Warwick is probably one of the most neglected and forgotten types in modelling compared to numbers built and versions constructed. It would be better served as injection molded kit, but I am afraid there is general lack of knowledge preventing this to be done. That is why you can se a close-time sequence of Wellington kits (MPM followed by Trumpeter followed by Airfix) with widely available Matchbox kits in Revell guise with even older injection kits from Airfix (previous generation) and Frog, while the poor Warwick has only been covered by Contrail vac.

I also need many of them and resin release would prevent me from doing so cost wise.

However, even a resin kit would be welcomed.

• Like 2

Surely, we need Warwick. Few days ago I have bought the Contrail oldie. The clear parts are yelowish, decals looks ok, surfaces are on expected rather low leval. On pluses the vatiety of variants can be build out of it. To be frank I think now how can I build two of them using what is inside the Contrail box. some scratching and perhaps Airfix Wellington as a donor. So when I will finish, the new injected kit surely will appeared like it alrrady happened in many cases before ;) .

Regards 

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Tom R said:

What happened to the moulds and masters?

Just because it's not currently on sale, doesn't mean it's completely gone.  I expect it'll come back one day.  One thing to remember is the maker's health - he can't just knock out masses of stuff like a factory.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 9:11 AM, pigsty said:

One thing to remember is the maker's health - he can't just knock out masses of stuff like a factory.

It appears you know him - perhaps you could ask him to "knock out" one for me.