Yet Another 1/48th Fleet Air Arm Monogram Harvard- Mk.III, Station Flight, Hal Far Malta 1947-52

Hiya Folks,

Well here is another Fleet Air Arm Harvard Mk.III, again using the Monogram 1/48th scale kit and again based with the Station Flight at Hal Far, Malta. EZ436 first served with 798 NAS but in 1947 it moved to Malta and served with the Hal Far Station Flight until 1952 when it was SoC. Having come across a photo of this aircraft I just had to model it and here it is;

DSCF0359_NEW_zps4hr56ip1.jpg

DSCF0362_NEW_zpst87xadh0.jpg

DSCF0364_NEW_zps2vgwetgl.jpg

DSCF0367_zps4kmnolvl.jpg

DSCF0363_zps9kdy79bz.jpg

DSCF0361_NEW_zpsjq4uacqa.jpg

DSCF0373_NEW_zpsjyq0seeh.jpg

DSCF0370_NEW_zpsz3fmmabv.jpg

DSCF0376_NEW_zps2jimklc1.jpg

DSCF0374_NEW_zpsjf67esox.jpg

DSCF0372_NEW_zpslaagkpmr.jpg

DSCF0382_NEW_zpssnkftann.jpg

DSCF0378_NEW_zpslmlgzo5c.jpg

DSCF0380_NEW_zpsxo0f8aco.jpg

I re scribed the raised panel lines and the model was painted using a Tamiya rattle can for the silver and Humbrol acrylics for the remainder. The decals all came from the spares box and generic sets while the codes were trimmed down from thicker numbers. 

Cheers

Tony

Edit,....I meant to add a photo of both Hal Far Harvard`s together, if anybody is interested;

DSCF0384_NEW_zpsemtrdmlr.jpg

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 52

4 minutes ago, 85sqn said:

Really nice love them both! Is that a blind flying hood you've got in the rear cockpit?

Cheers Nick,......well it is the gun mounting but yes it represents a blind flying hood frame.

All the best

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

Nice work Tony looks great and sits well with your other Harvard.

Great stuff !

Guy

• Like 1

A beautiful job Tony. I once had a flight in one and was allowed to "steer" for a while. Magnificent. If you come up with enough  information to build a  third, please do , I would love to see it.

Well Done,   Trev.

• Like 1

Hello Tony,

Once again lovely work on these kits.

Result... I bought an Occidental one, don't you mind if I try to duplicate the 911 ?

I really love it. Congrats !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vh-bob said:

A beautiful job Tony. I once had a flight in one and was allowed to "steer" for a while. Magnificent. If you come up with enough  information to build a  third, please do , I would love to see it.

Well Done,   Trev.

Cheers Trev,..... oh I have a few more up my sleeve yet......watch this space! I had a flight in one too while in the States....brilliant;

11 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Tony,

Once again lovely work on these kits.

Result... I bought an Occidental one, don't you mind if I try to duplicate the 911 ?

I really love it. Congrats !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Thanks mate,.....yes please do go ahead and do `911' be nice to see another one. It was a Harvard Mk.III so had the smaller glazed unit behind the rear seat,....are you using the T-6G kit which has the Portugese markings on the box? The one with the yellow RCAF aircraft is a Mk.II with different glazing with a larger rear section.

All the best

Tony

• Like 1