BA-10 Armoured Car

Going to jump in with this one as a mojo restorer before I get serious. Built half a dozen of these kits for the GPW GB last summer and they're great fun. Will either be a dirty winter camo version from the Winter War with Finland, or a two tone version from the Leningrad front in Summer 1942. 

Box top, showing the Leningrad scheme

BA%2001.jpg

And the sprue (yes, just the one). The missing bit at the top just has more wheels. They're the same as the ones you can see.

BA%2002.jpg

And this is the page with the Winter War scheme (fourth one down) http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/soviet/soviet_BA-10.php

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Like 1

Construction begins. This could be a snap together kit but I've splashed glue about with gay abandon, as I've finally got a decent supply. The engineering on these little kits is wonderful, with everything slotting into place somewhere between clockwork and Lego. The cab sides fit onto  a frame that also includes the hull rear and fenders:

BA%2003.jpg

The roof is an overlapping two piece affair, with the hull MG being part of the rear, and forming an interlocking guide with the front:

BA%2004.jpg

The one piece turret then mounts to the pilar visible in the first two pictures:

BA%2005.jpg

Then the suspension and drive train mount to the bottom of the chassis plate: 

BA%2006.jpg

It all looks a bit of a mess in the giant sized pictures here, but I've already cleaned it up and it's about ready for paint. That means I have to decide on a scheme, and I'm leaning towards the heavily used white one. I don't have a winter camo scheme in the collection yet which is unforgivable amongst Russian armour.

Andy