So this littel 85mm Mobile Suit Gundam is Char's Zaku II, this kit is a line of sweets and model kits by Bandai and there are quite a few based on the mobile suits from the Gundam series and lots of other Japanese shows. Each box contains an 85 mm kit that works out to be about 1/250 scale and one piece of soda flavored gum ( i haven tested the gun yet). 

The kit come partly built but there are a few other parts on small coloured runners just like a proper kit. The body part that was pre built will come apart, very handy if you want to paint it like i will be.

The over all detail and fit is very good on the particular kit.

Box Art

20170508_145410_zpsdo6xduk5.jpg

Runners and part built body.

20170508_145528_zpseoix994u.jpg

20170508_145451_zps0ohk01im.jpg

Built kit. ( apart from power cables on legs)

20170508_153127_zpsybnlcgzn.jpg

And next to a 1/144 GM for size.

"Mine is still way bigger than yours"

20170508_153419_zpsjrop2u5j.jpg

Thanks to Shane at Japan Cool for sorting me out with this, i didn't know about these kits until i rang him.

Kits found her. 

http://japan-cool.co.uk/epages/950003803.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950003803/Categories/Gashapon

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

That looks really good. Hard to believe it's so small. 

For some reason it reminds me of Noien Bitter's 6S.

5 hours ago, Will Vale said:

Nice paint! Can't quite believe how small it is.

Will

3 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

Oh nice, great job on that little guy!

Thanks all.

Its all down to the best paint I have ever used, its from a Mr Hobby color modulation set I bought for the Zaku tank, mixed with a few drops a cellulose thinners it spray like a dream and the finish is so flat and smooth even I can get it down nice and its great for the smaller stuff. I never seem to get the same finish with my water based acrylics, all the grays are hand painted and Im very pleased with how those bit turned out. I will probably get around to doing of few pictures later on in the week. Definitely going to get a few more of little kits.

Need to get back to the HMC now!

Cheers Brian