Tamiya 1/72 Mosquito FB Mk.VI 'in flight' with working propellers - Photoshopped images added on page 3

18 hours ago, SimonT said:

Looks awesome, don't apologise for the amount of photos, that's what we want :)

Thank you very much Simon - that's very kind of you to say. As I have mentioned before - I really enjoy taking the photos as well as the kit building - hence why there are so many!

Kind regards,

Stix

19 hours ago, Marek said:

Its perfect  as usual.

Thank you very much Marek. You are very kind! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Paul. Thank you very much for your exceptionally kind comments. :blush::thumbsup:

I have to say the Mosquito is a beautiful looking aircraft anyway but that, although it looks great on the ground, it truly is one of those aircraft which looks so much better in flight. When I saw some of the photos of this actual aircraft in flight I knew I wanted to capture something of those images. Hopefully I have managed to get somewhere near to them. As I mentioned to Giemme - I will do some Photoshopping to remove the support rod in a few photos.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Stix

You're more than welcome,my friend.Your build is a joy to view and one which you should be extremely proud of.

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

21 hours ago, rob85 said:

Bloody hell stix that's a cracking finish! Love the bomb just dropping through the trees... poor fellas

Rob

Hi Rob. Thank you very much for your very kind comments and yes it's not looking so good for the gun crew! You never know - it may not go off!

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

I really should learn how to use all the functions on this site. I completely missed this.... (but then again, maybe it's cos it's a wingy thing?)

A superb Mosquito (I'm not sure how to spell Mosie, Mossie, Mozzy?) And a superb diorama to really ice the cake. Of course, I AM also paying attention to the groundwork, which is fantastic, especially at that silly small scale! I'm going to have to have a look at your WIP to see what you used and how you did it. (The groundwork)

I will defo be back to vote when the time comes, and after I've looked at all the other entries and rated them of course.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2

23 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

I've seen more and more people use the inflight presentation for their models. Very nice effect for an aircraft of it's reputation, great model.

Hi Baldwin8 and thank you. It was seeing other modellers use the 'in flight' method of presentation here on BM that inspired me to try it the first time. I did it first with Airfix's 1/72 Typhoon 1B for another scene I made for a GB a while back although I used PropBlurs that time.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cngaero said:

A lovely model and a lovely set of photos.

Your Mosquito looks great, down where it should be, at tree top height.

That's a cracking little diorama as well.

Thank you very much cngaero. I have to admit I was surprised and pleased with how well the kit suited the setup - I think Tamiya have really done a great job with this one, especially in 1/72.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

About the only thing that bothers me with Tamiya kit is that quartet of Brownings that are a bit over scale. Those were rifle calliber machine guns and should be noticable slimmer in 1:72.

The old Airfix kit got them just right.

Ofc. that isn't ment to slander your lovely build.

Josip

• Like 1

On 08/05/2017 at 11:03 PM, janneman36 said:

What a great build this is ..love itB)

Thank you very much janneman36! That is very kind of you to say. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 5/9/2017 at 11:02 AM, Dave N said:

Hats off to you Stix- a wonderful dio. very evocative. The Mosquito looks excellent as does, well, everything else. Top job sir!        cheers, Dave

Thank you very much Dave for you most kind comments! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 09/05/2017 at 1:13 PM, Gerrardandrews said:

Brilliant model , inventive display, and great back story, joy to look at😊

Thank you very much for your very kind comments Gerrard. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 5/9/2017 at 6:31 PM, mcdonnell said:

You're more than welcome,my friend.Your build is a joy to view and one which you should be extremely proud of.

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

Thank you again Paul! :cheers:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hello stix,

Very fine job and nice painting too, at first I wondered "Why did he put only one bomb ??"

Then I saw !!:yikes: 

The 2 poor little fellas will be transformed in heat, light and noise in a few seconds

Good idea, nice diorama, so Congratulations ! :worthy:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

That look's superb Stix,who needs an airbrush when you can achieve such an outstanding finish with the brush,love the photography

too!

• Like 1

On 5/9/2017 at 8:31 PM, Badder said:

Hi Stix,

I really should learn how to use all the functions on this site. I completely missed this.... (but then again, maybe it's cos it's a wingy thing?)

A superb Mosquito (I'm not sure how to spell Mosie, Mossie, Mozzy?) And a superb diorama to really ice the cake. Of course, I AM also paying attention to the groundwork, which is fantastic, especially at that silly small scale! I'm going to have to have a look at your WIP to see what you used and how you did it. (The groundwork)

I will defo be back to vote when the time comes, and after I've looked at all the other entries and rated them of course.

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder. Yeah - don't worry about it. I miss stuff all the time. It's a big place and if you don't visit an area for a while lots of new stuff gets posted and it's difficult to keep up. I mostly try and keep up with things with with wings and stuff with turrets but I know there's amazing modelling going on everywhere. I do try and pop in to other areas but it is difficult to stay up to date - especially as I'm often travelling when I check things out and it's not always possible to get a decent WiFi signal. Anyway - thank you for your very kind comments. I was actually quite pleased with the ground work on this one, especially as I did it very quickly. I hadn't even thought that the guns were sometimes 'dug-in' until I did a bit of research so I thought I'd give it a go. It actually helped that Mig's European dry mud actually looked like disturbed earth when it had dried. Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Mig's European dry mud actually looked like disturbed earth when it had dried.

Good job it wasn't 'North Amercian Dry Mud' or 'Malaysian Dry Mud' or it would have looked well incongruous! :winkgrin:

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

On 10/05/2017 at 8:49 AM, Josip said:

About the only thing that bothers me with Tamiya kit is that quartet of Brownings that are a bit over scale. Those were rifle calliber machine guns and should be noticable slimmer in 1:72.

The old Airfix kit got them just right.

Ofc. that isn't ment to slander your lovely build.

Josip

Hi Josip and thank you very much for your comments. I must admit I don't know enough about the actual Mosquito so I didn't notice about the machine guns. I can now see what you mean but from my point of view it probably made them stronger - which is a good thing because I did catch them on things a few times!

Kind regards,

Stix