Hello from Hamburg

Gilmore

Hello!

My name is Juergen, I live in Hamburg, Germany. My English is not so perfect but I try my best in this forum. I'm a 60 year old plastic model fan, and I build only civil airplanes and sometimes something different. My collection of finished plastic models, grown during my 30-year modelling work, is a lot of more than hundred models. My favorite scales for airplanes are 1/72 and 1/144, but also 1/48 sport and private airplanes will come.  Also some dioramas I already made succesful. It will need some time to understand all english terms in this forum, so at first I will read, later I would like to write and to show you some of my models.

Edited by Gilmore
completement
  • Like 1

Hello Juergen and welcome. Hope you are well. I think your English is very good.

You must have a big house to keep all those models in.

I look forward to seeing your dioramas.

Best wishes, Martin.

Looking forward to seeing some of your 1/144 airliners. I am a fan of that genre but my completion record for airliner projects is poor.  I really need to knuckle down and get some finished.

I want to show you some of my most difficult-to-build-models here with links:

At first Douglas DC-4 (Mach 2) in 1:72: http://modellboard.net/index.php?topic=43037.0          and   http://modellboard.net/index.php?topic=49134.0

or DHC-3 Otter on floats (Diorama): http://modellboard.net/index.php?topic=51391.msg778298#msg778298

Some of my models you can see here: http://modellboard.net/index.php?topic=55666.15

(Scroll down to "Gilmore, my nickname is the same as here)

Best wishes from Juergen

Edited by Gilmore

:welcome: aboard Juergen - good to have you here. :)  I've been speaking English for almost half a century now, and mine's still not so good at times ;)

On 8/5/2017 at 1:38 PM, Gilmore said:

...and I forgot to show you something absolutely different: A church in a small town in north germany, scratch in 1/87:

http://modellboard.net/index.php?topic=36535.0

Hi Gilmore! 

I must say that I'm really impressed with the work you've done on this church! Really impressiv! :goodjob:

Cheers (oder sagt man auch Tjüsch in Hamburg oder ist es Mojn? :winkgrin: )

Hans J

Hello Gilmore,  you really went for the Otter with the Hobby Saw, good work.

So we have a Danish Gentleman talking to a German Gentleman on a British Website.

The world really has got smaller in the last decade.

• Like 1

Thank you for the welcome posts! And Thanks for your interest for the church. Actual I don't have any fancy to continue with this model, because now it's on to make the accomodation with a lot of benches an something else. But somewhen, I promise, I will go on with it. (because the model takes a lot of space on my modelling table).

@HansReggelsen: In Hamburg sagt man  "Moin" and "tschüs". ;-)

Edited by Gilmore
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Na Juergen?

I don't know if you'll ever see this since this post is so old but I work for Lufthansa Technik in the US and visit the Hamburg base often.  Can you recommend some good model shops in HH?  I've been to Hobby technik at the AEZ and I went to Mueller Modellbausatz before they closed down.  I'm really hoping to find somewhere I can get some non-revel models since those are easy to find in the US.

Danke!

Moin Jürgen,

let me guess - your family name starts with P, and you sold me my trusty Canon when you worked at Foto Pickenpack, half a lifetime ago... 😉 

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:33 PM, HansReggelsen said:

Cheers (oder sagt man auch Tjüsch in Hamburg oder ist es Mojn? :winkgrin: )

Hans J

In Hamburg sagt man Tschüss 😉 

3 hours ago, APFPilot said:

Na Juergen?

I don't know if you'll ever see this since this post is so old but I work for Lufthansa Technik in the US and visit the Hamburg base often.  Can you recommend some good model shops in HH?  I've been to Hobby technik at the AEZ and I went to Mueller Modellbausatz before they closed down.  I'm really hoping to find somewhere I can get some non-revel models since those are easy to find in the US.

Danke!

Not really - there's a mainly railway shop at Heußweg in Eimsbüttel who has some mainly civil aircraft kits, but rather on the expensive side. Last time I was there he had an Airways Argosy (I think) at 60 €, which was just a tad rich for my taste.

No idea what exactly the shop carries (never been there), but there is a Staufenbiel franchise shop in the Othmarschen shopping centre - may well be only R/C. Apart from that, Germany's second largest city is now more or less a model shop free zone 😞 

• Like 1