Airfix TSR2 1/48 `In-Flight` Build

Completed today and finished in a very test weary scheme. Will be on display at Cockpit Fest on the 17th June.

IMG_6634_zpsorqrxwvc.jpg

IMG_6636_zpsojxmxc4v.jpg

IMG_6631_zpshno1v3ca.jpg

IMG_6639_zpsphfbvnux.jpg

IMG_6642_zps15wjdztl.jpg

IMG_6643_zpsiychksbd.jpg

• Like 49

Very nice! I'm inspired to do something similar with a 1/48 F-104, and have already ordered the runway blur base. Question for you: How exactly is the aircraft mounted to the base? Could you post a pic?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billn53 said:

Question for you: How exactly is the aircraft mounted to the base? Could you post a pic?

Posted a couple of quick pictures to answer your question. It`s an acrylic display stand turned on it`s side.

With the TSR having a nice flat underbelly, it is simply a case of placing it on top. 

IMG_6652_zpslrfcgxah.jpg

IMG_6654_zpsravpys5d.jpg

Thank you all for looking and the compliments paid. :yes:

• Like 3

Hello,TC - My full compliments to you on a beautifully built and finished 'TSR-2'.I love the dynamic 'high-speed pass' portrayal.It truly sums up the power and grace of this legendary type. I have this kit waiting in the wings and I'll be delighted if it looks a fraction as good as this.Well done indeed.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Wow, the simplicity of the display is fantastic and really offers the impression of speed to the eye.  Wonderful build of an aircraft that could have been a world beater had it been developed fully.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tc2324 said:

Posted a couple of quick pictures to answer your question. It`s an acrylic display stand turned on it`s side.

With the TSR having a nice flat underbelly, it is simply a case of placing it on top. 

IMG_6652_zpslrfcgxah.jpg

IMG_6654_zpsravpys5d.jpg

Thank you all for looking and the compliments paid. :yes:

Simple yet eloquent. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

• Like 1