Turenne's Nieuport 11, Eduard 1/48

4 hours ago, Unfinished project said:

Fantastic build and finish. Very realistic 👌🏻👌🏻

Which one? Franck’s Nieuport 11, I suppose... Mine is not too bad but... Anyway, it is always interesting to compare models...

😉

Olivier

11 hours ago, Olivier de St Raph said:

Большое спасибо, Франк! Я заказал фаркопы у Gaspatch (выбрал тип One-end, так как их несколько). Я действительно впечатлен прекрасными деревянными деталями. Можете ли вы объяснить мне, как вы это сделали, пожалуйста?

Я создал первую версию этого комплекта Эдуарда, следуя шаг за шагом один из комплектов Хуана Мануэля Вильяльбы (во французском «Руководстве по аэронавтике», коллекции Histoire et, 2011). Вы заметите, что розетки представлены с обеих сторон, пытаясь получить эффект прозрачности через белье. На самом деле, я не думаю, что они были такими видимыми, но попытка дать такой эффект была интересной задачей.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Но, зная, что эта версия может быть улучшена (особенно оснастка), я проверил документы (она делает так, чтобы я упал на вашу удивительную сборку), и я собираюсь создать вторую версию, которая должна быть немного лучше ( Я надеюсь), чем этот. 

ATB

Оливье

NB: я заметил, что забыл оснастку за корпусом радиатора. Я добавлю их в эту версию, как только получу фаркопы Gaspatch ...

An interesting technique for creating a transparency effect. Sincerely, Mikhail

• Thanks 1

Franck, I am sorry, I didn't want to "hijack" your RFI superb presentation. I still don't know if the kind comments from Dave, Unfinished project and John D.C Masters are dedicated to yours or mine Nieuport... I could have done the same as you and create my own RFI (I will certainly do so with the next version). I also want to precise, to be honest, that 90% of the ideas on this build I just finished were not mine but Juan Manuel Villalba's ones. I applied these ideas following step by step this great modeler, as you would apply a recipe. That is why I dedicated it as a tribute to him. His book (in french) that I mentioned above is a kind of Bible for me 😀

ATB

Olivier

On 11/03/2020 at 19:37, Bughunter said:

This build was done 4 years ago and I wrote also a detailed log as for all my builds, but at that time only in german language (may be a online translator helps): https://www.modellboard.net/index.php?topic=56389.0

Hi Franck again,

I have been looking (and done many capture screens of your build!) at the step by step on Modellboard and, really, hats off! You had so many clever ideas, and your will to recreate (at such a scale, 1/48...) so precisely details, must be emphasized. Just a regret, it is in german and I won't have time to translate. But the photos speak for themselves. I will try, in my next version, to take inspiration in such an amazing build (maybe not going so far, to be honest). 

All the best

Olivier

P.S: this link on p. 2, allowing to find great pics, is very helpful too for everyone who wants to build this kit: http://www.mincbergr.net/index.php?page=nieuport-11-2

Marek Mincber shows also in this gallery - among others - a superb Nieuport 11 flown by Paul Tarascon. Thanks for sharing...

Hi Franck and all,

I am aware that some could consider that it is inappropriate to go on posting on a modeler site while the Covid-19 becomes stronger and stronger in Europe.

But as many of us are confined, it is an occasion to go back to our workbench, while pro work does not allow to spend a lot of time usually (it is my case anyway...) and modeling is a more creative hobby than watching videos or playing on a game console (even if I respect of course anyone's choice to pass the time).

Franck, I would have wanted to know what thread you used for the rigging. On the photos of your build (on modellboard), it looks like a sewing thread. I tried with this kind of thread - I had used up to now for my own build stretched plastic and then the elastic rigging (standard) available on the Uschi site - but the thread tends to have hairs that really doesn't allowed me to get a convincing result. I am impressed by the result you got with your thread, and even if this result is first due to your talent, I would like to know what thread you used. Thanks for sharing...

ATB

Olivier

P.S: I made some small corrections on my build, here are the update photos:

spacer.png

1: the forgotten rigging (in cross) in front of the pilot has been added. I used here the Uschi standard elastic rigging and the One-end metal Gaspatch turnbuckles (thanks Franck) and 0,4 mm alu tube from Albion Alloys.

2: a coat of Tamiya X-26 (Clear Orange) has been applied with a paintbrush (diluted with X-20A Tamiya) on the propeller and the entreplan struts

3: a coat of gloss varnish (Marabu thinned with X-20) has been applied with a paintbrush on the engine cowling

spacer.png

WOW! Total envy in the most flattering sense.  

Even had I the skill, with several other interests e.g. guitar, cycling, astronomy & more,  to which I prefer to commit each its allocation of the finite amount of time available to each of us, I just don't have the will to commit the amount of energy, effort and hands on or elapsed time to achieve this kind of result that I once would have pursued if nowhere near as successfully. Kudos. Just a truly beautiful result worthy of the highest praise inspired by a dedication to your friend which inspires my deepest admiration. Superb subject choice too. I've had a particular fondness for the beautiful lines of the Nieuport 11 since first encountering knowledge of the type aged about nine as I recall. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much, Biggles266!

As I said above, I am a bit confuse to get such kind comments on Franck’s RFI thread, hoping he won’t mind.

I have begun the build of the next version of the de Turenne Nieuport 11, with a lot of improvements inspired by Franck’s amazing work and by quite a lot of documents. I have not yet decided if I begin a new thread on Britmodeller (while my previous build (and thread, so), the Indianapolis 500 Ford Mustang 1964 at 1/16, was interrupted because it had taken a too technical path, using 3D while I am a total beginner in CAD/CAM), or not.

My pro work (dental surgeon) leaves me less and less time for my favorite hobby (and more, like you, I have other ones -including cycling - that I may share with my little wife). 
In the same time, I love sharing and learning from other modelers and Brit is great for that. 

About Juan Manuel Villalba, I particularly think about him at this moment, as he is totally confined at home, living in Spain, a very hit by the virus country, while for now, in France, we may walk on about 2 kms around our home.

I learnt a lot from him, through his books, dvd and because, for several years, we are in very frequent contacts by e-mail. We could find out that we had a lot of common interests, in addition to model making. 
ATB

Olivier

19 hours ago, Olivier de St Raph said:

Hi Franck and all,

I am aware that some could consider that it is inappropriate to go on posting on a modeler site while the Covid-19 becomes stronger and stronger in Europe.

But as many of us are confined, it is an occasion to go back to our workbench, while pro work does not allow to spend a lot of time usually (it is my case anyway...) and modeling is a more creative hobby than watching videos or playing on a game console (even if I respect of course anyone's choice to pass the time).

spacer.png

I think this is an excellent time to post on a modeling site, particularly as so many of us are essentially locked up in our homes.  I encourage everyone to tackle that one project you were scared to pull from the shelf, the one beyond your skill level and just take a shot at it and have fun with it.  Modeling to me is a great escape, the whole world retreats as I fit pieces and paint those small parts.  And a little escape right now is a good thing as I am certainly not getting on a cruise or airplane flight in the near future.  I am in Minnesota, USA and only essential businesses are still open.  Now do I use my rubbing alcohol to make hand sanitizer, which you can no longer buy, or save it for thinning my paint and cleaning my air brush?  

BTW, I love what you did with your model!  I am going to study your technique.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1