Greetings from Canada

TheRazgriz118

Greetings gents, It seems I have forgotten to introduce myself so here goes. My name is Ryan and I'm originally from California but moved up to Vancouver Canada and was able to get into the hobby as of late 2015. I have always had a fascination with Aircraft particularly Military aircraft from both now and WW2. My father took me to a few airshows when I was younger and I happened to live next to an Air national guard base filled with F-16s taking off every single day for their practice drills. I built my first model at the age of 9 after seeing a 1/48th scale F/A-18A Blue angels sitting on the shelf in my local pawn shop and quickly begged my Dad to get it for me. As you might imagine at that age I wasn't able to build it properly especially building it on my own. All I had was the cement and no paint whatsoever but I was proud of it and displayed it in my room. It wasn't till now that I took the hobby seriously so that I could have something more productive to do rather than sitting around playing xbox in my spare time and I find it therapeutic at times and helps me eliminate stress after work. so far I have just been reading as many reviews and build posts to try and learn new techniques for when I build and so far I have seen a steady improvement. I will take all the advice I can get from here so please don't be afraid to tell it like it is and point out mistakes :P I look forward to meeting everyone. cheers.

• Like 1

Welcome to BM Ryan. You'll find that a lot of us are 'returnees', I started again the same year as you and I'm also a plane nut. The most important thing is to just enjoy yourself. 

• Like 1

Hello Ryan, I like what you wrote about it being therapeutic, very much the same for me. (Apart from masking canopies😉). 

Reading about techniques and tools etc can be as good as making things for me sometimes. 

All the best and welcome, Martin

Greetings from across the rocks from you.

Pop out to Surrey...the museum at the airport there is good.  And there are a few shops in Vancouver that Google can get you too (or at least didn't get me too lost).

Welcome aboard,

foresterab

I'm not from Vancouver (which is a place I quite liked actually, eh, whatevs), I'm not even from Canada (sorry) but hello anyway from the Great Southern Land.

There's a few good people here; you'll find though that most of us are mental.