109G-6/AS backdated from FineMolds G-10

Thank you Greg, and yes, almost complete but thankful for the extension.

Am still working on 'erasing' the edges of some decals, having already done six rounds of sanding and reapplying acrylic future.  Then I can move towards some weathering, and finally add the bottom antenna, a radio wire and navigation lights.

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

This should be the final update, just have a trio of items to attach, and good thing is none of those have to be weathered.  This post will be about the homemade decals:

36284699792_1072b18229_b.jpg

The red circles indicate the two details that need to be added for the G-6AS version, a circular access  cover and one fuselage cover latch.  The green indicates those that are optional decals, just to improve or bring back detail that was lost due to sanding the fuselage seams. 

36315983241_3e070f8d10_b.jpg

I was going to add a file of the decal sheet I made, but Flickr turns my tiff document into a green background.  If anyone is interested, I can try a jpeg file that can be saved if you plan this one for a future project.

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG
  • Like 2

Thank you vppelt68 and Kahunaminor

The stand will be just a simple affair from ICM, the mid size one from their 3 pack.  I did sand a trio of sink marks on the underside of the base, and sprayed the whole stand afterwards with clear acrylic future:

36114994370_be832aafc1_b.jpg

I was still working on the canopy when the above photo was taken - actually had to pop it off to remove some plastic flash that was static stuck inside, but clearly visible.   Hopeful tomorrow will not be too cloudy so can obtain sone decent natural light shots.

regards,

Jack

• Like 3

Awesome! 😉

I really enjoyed watching your build Jack. Great attention to detail in all areas of the process.

I love the end result and photos in the gallery.

Well done, cheers

Greg :yes:

• Like 1