P-40E Hasegawa 1/32

Hello everyone

I'd like to present my latest model, first 1:32

Kit Hasegawa ST 29

PE Eduard cockpit+ seatbelts RB

Montex mask

painted with enamel MM

a few photos of the finished model:

P-40 E Maj. Edward F. Rector, China 1942.

oZk8jZa.jpg

UAdIpHv.jpg

9VKfQqR.jpg

RZ2oNCx.jpg

HMyonbL.jpg

6GCHdiR.jpg

KqK3swN.jpg

enjoy the photos.

Edited by Marek
  • Like 46

Hi Marek - Very nice looking P-40 indeed! The finish looks superb as does the general detailing. Most impressed how the surface details and weathering work to together make it look that realistic.

Jay

• Like 1

thank you all for your comments

7 hours ago, shadowmare said:

Świetny jest. Troszkę się szczęka odcina od całości, ja bym przybrudził. Jeden z najlepszych P-40 jakie widziałem.

:)   it's great. The jaw looks a bit different than the rest, I would make it dirty. One of the best P-40 I have ever seen

thanks for your opinion, but I don't improve finished models, I leave as a reminder of mistakes  :)

Very, very nice, and timely posting also.  Just bought Jack Samson's book on General Claire Chennault and the Flying Tigers.  The book and this post have whetted my interest in the P-40 (one of my favourites some 60 years ago).  I just might have to get one after I do a little research.

Also, I think your photography is superb.  Shooting a dark subject against a white background is usually pretty risky as the camera has a tendency to read the lighter value and the detail in the subject is often lost.  How did you manage avoiding that problem, if you don't mind?

Cheers,

Dennis 

• Like 1

Hi Marek. Your model building, painting and weathering skills just get better and better! Absolutely awesome!  :worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

:thanks:

4 hours ago, DMC said:

Very, very nice, and timely posting also.  Just bought Jack Samson's book on General Claire Chennault and the Flying Tigers.  The book and this post have whetted my interest in the P-40 (one of my favourites some 60 years ago).  I just might have to get one after I do a little research.

Also, I think your photography is superb.  Shooting a dark subject against a white background is usually pretty risky as the camera has a tendency to read the lighter value and the detail in the subject is often lost.  How did you manage avoiding that problem, if you don't mind?

Cheers,

Dennis 

The photos were made in dayliht, cloudy sky, which gave me soft light; WB manual preselected aperture ; framing, sharpening and making pictures lighter in a simple graphic program, I learn photography myself.:(

Thank you Stix, I'm glad you like it. :)