LEST WE FORGET (Tucano)

Hello everyone,

Wanting to build a 1/72 Tucano, I couldn't miss the opportunity to buy one when I saw it. It wasn't the Super Tucano I had in mind but it was even better than that, a limited 2000 piece edition of a Tucano commemorative to the British WWI soldiers. The kit was curiously made in India (a first time for me), and it was pretty good with extremely high quality decals. Only detail was that the decals were flat (matt) while the plane has to be painted in gloss. This was funny since decal problems like that are usually the other way around (glossy decals on a matt body)...  I know, I know, give it a coat of clear. I will do that as soon as I find it or an equivalent product. 

Completely painted by brush with gloss black lacquer with no primer or special treatment of any kind, just paint. Had I given it some kind of treatment it would've come out smoother.

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

And finally, nice pictures from my new camera.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Hi Alberto. You have achieved an excellent result with this Tucano that I remember seeing at air shows in 2014.

Do you know if this is a rebox of an Airfix kit, which had the same markings?

Hello AD210,

The kit was an Airfix which said at the bottom right corner, "only 2000 pieces" or something like that; not a rebox unless I'm missing something.

And thank you for your comment. It took a while to have the paint job done because I wanted to make sure that the previous coats were dried, almost cured, which is fast for lacquer paints, thankfully. I also did something rather unconsciously, which was to omit small details like antennas and before I knew it, I removed them from the model itself. Sorry about the sacrilege, and I really don't know why I did it. I also used some polishing compound before applying the decals. Imagine how it would look like if i found some clear coat for it...