AMW Issue 79 - Jun 2017 Freebie B-17G Monograph

Wez

Heads up good people!

I was passing through my local Sainsbugs this morning and picked up the latest Airfix Model World for June 2017 (Issue 79), it comes with a free 82 page monograph published by Key on the B-17G Flying Fortress which includes plenty of photos and some nice colour profiles - not bad for nothing!

Get them while they're hot they're luvverly!!

Edited by Wez

11 minutes ago, malpaso said:

It didn't come free with the subscription!

:o shocker!

I'd get onto them about that if I were you!

Plenty of 'em at my local Sainsbugs (which is also in Hampshire)!

No mention of this with either mag on their online shop so maybe a promotion through Sainsburies, it's a £7.99 publication otherwise, 1st of a new Combat Machines series apparently, doubt we'll see it out here but I WILL look. :)

Steve

Edited by stevehnz

£7.99 eh?  Billy bargain getting it for free then!

Well, those of you who don't get your magazine by subscription and aren't overseas, keep an eye out for it!

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

It's a Key promotion through Sainsbury's.

I've updated the topic title with a tag to that effect.

7 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

How disappointing. Subscribers dip out again....

Yes it is disappointing when that happens, my wife has noticed that happening with one of her magazine subscriptions, does make you question whether it's worthwhile taking out a subscription sometimes.

So for the rest of you out there who may be thinking of buying Airfix Model World magazine, it would appear that in conjunction with Sainsbury's there is a promotion in which you get a free B-17G monograph from Key Publishing's new Combat Machines series.

Hopefully that clears things up!

• Like 1

I would love to hear from a Sainsbury's marketer what the thinking is behind this or perhaps someone from Key can explain the rationale behind this exercise? Do Sainsbury's customers buy more Key publications than those of customers at the other big chains or are they trying to bring Key sales in Sainsbury's up to the level of other chains? Why not do it in Smith's or through local newsagents etc etc?

I'm not having a beef, I'm just curious as there is obviously a reason behind such a targeted exercise.

2 hours ago, Latinbear said:

I would love to hear from a Sainsbury's marketer what the thinking is behind this or perhaps someone from Key can explain the rationale behind this exercise? Do Sainsbury's customers buy more Key publications than those of customers at the other big chains or are they trying to bring Key sales in Sainsbury's up to the level of other chains? Why not do it in Smith's or through local newsagents etc etc?

I'm not having a beef, I'm just curious as there is obviously a reason behind such a targeted exercise.

Generally, it gets the magazine on the shelf in that store where it might not be, or it might be dropped for poor sales

I subscribe to AMW, third year. Very annoying when I saw it on sale in Tescos. Why upset your subscribers loyal fan base  ?

• Like 2