Small update been busy last couple of days  :drink:

decided to add the small vents and exhaust ports on the hull side before painting not sure if they look oversized  :idea:

IMG_4461.jpg

• Like 6

Looks good, beefy.  It's hard to get the size perfect.  Any smaller than you have will make them almost invisible to the eye once the hull's painted.

BTW not sure if you've finished but, just in case, there's two more on the port side - one between & below the two in your photo & one near the bow.

John

• Like 1

On 29/12/2017 at 5:47 PM, JohnWS said:

Looks good, beefy.  It's hard to get the size perfect.  Any smaller than you have will make them almost invisible to the eye once the hull's painted.

BTW not sure if you've finished but, just in case, there's two more on the port side - one between & below the two in your photo & one near the bow.

John

Cheers John yes had fitted the one near the bow and the one ready to go on is on the cutting mat in the photo thanks again for the reference photos

beefy

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Well it has been nearly a year since I had a bit of a breakdown with this build but the MOJO seems to have come back to it for now  :hmmm:

While waiting for the base on both HMS Eskimo and the LSM I will attempt to get this back on the slipway and completed I,am not giving up

First though got to do some strip down of the bandstand on the aft of the deck it has been damaged so got myself another

I know a glutton for punishment I have also been getting some more reference materials thanks to Frazer (Seadog)

IMG-5771.jpg

IMG-5772.jpg

Time to find a good re-start point and get cracking I think

Wish me luck

beefy

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Wish me luck

beefy

Let me know if I can be any help, as well.  I've got a pile of research material, & used Coastal Craft guns & torpedo tubes for my BPB build.

Good luck beefy! 🤞

John

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnWS said:

Let me know if I can be any help, as well.  I've got a pile of research material, & used Coastal Craft guns & torpedo tubes for my BPB build.

Good luck beefy! 🤞

John

6 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Great to see this back on the bench

Shout if I can help with references

You don't need luck;)

Rob

6 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Nice to see this resurface, it was surely a most promising build before. What is the open book in the last photo above the other books?

Steve.

Gents thanks for the offer to help think I will need it 

Steve the open book is volume 2 of the Coastal Craft series some great camouflage ideas for future builds in these 

beefy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Great to see that MoJo back and full steam ahead  :thumbsup:

Kev

Cheers Kev not to sure about full steam ahead more like a gentle cruise at my build speed. :whistle:

beefy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well first parts of the repair work started to get this back into some kind of order the bandstand bent and buckled also split the floor

so started to get the new flooring ready and a new gun shield as the original was also Kapoot removed the break water as was not happy with how it sat on deck  :rage:

IMG-5778.jpg

IMG-5779.jpg

IMG-5780.jpg

Also started to strip down the tube stands as the paint application was well  :poop:

IMG-5781.jpg

will soak in some paint stripper overnight and then clean up and re assemble  :crying:

beefy

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, longshanks said:

You've got to take two steps back to take one forward 😉

We're with you

Kev

1 minute ago, Courageous said:

Some builds are sent to try us Beefy, you'll fix it.

Stuart

Cheers Kev and Stuart I thought I may as well do it from the start instead of trying repairs that I knew I would not be happy with and have some time off over the holidays so best get started I may even finish this one in 2019 you never know I may get on roll  :whistle:

beefy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

small update just incase I get another   :poke:

slow going stripping some of the parts down ready to re-do but hull painting started and the breakwater done using colourcoats off white this is the best white I have tried to airbrush with

I hate painting white surfaces but this paint gives a nice smooth finish

IMG-5806.jpg

IMG-5807.jpg

beefy

• Like 5

4 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Now - How Nice does that look:)

Rob

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

New Year and a clean white start

Go Keith, Go!!

Kev

1 hour ago, Courageous said:

Would that be the 'Anti-flash white'?

Stuart

Thanks lads for the support Stuart not sure about Anti-Flash but I have used the same as that used on Eskimo it is given on the tin as RN10 RN White(Western Approaches) HTH

beefy

• Like 1

OK so this part feels a bit like groundhog day seems like I have been at this stage before sometime LONG ago  :rage:

But this time it is starting to look right sort of hull re-painted and I have placed the decals while still on the carrier film and they fit  :yahoo:

couple of touch ups but starting to get back on track

IMG-5826.jpg

IMG-5825.jpg

beefy

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Well this thing is fighting back again I foresee a big hole in my model room wall very soon  :rage:

Been doing a re-build of the 20mm and stand tried with the kit parts but to many naughty words came out and mrs B said I had to stop  :doh:

Anyway nicked a little tip from Rob and Kev and decided to use 0.5 brass rod and replaced the broken support brackets with some square plastic from evergreen

And it looks and feels stronger also some minor repairs done on the forward 2lbr

IMG-5845.jpg

beefy

• Like 5