Well been having a few problems with the Internet connection this week hope the engineer can fix it tomorrow without it bombing out at daft times  :doh:

On 4/6/2019 at 8:46 AM, phildagreek said:

Looking very good.

Cheers Phil

On 4/8/2019 at 10:41 AM, robgizlu said:

Looking forward to seeing the Banf Class Sloop Build up Beefy

Rob

Thought you said I had to stop starting builds  :whistle:

Any how small update been working on the mast and radar in between layers of sea waves

IMG-5937.jpg

IMG-5936.jpg

And trying to get it to look like this

beefy

• Like 7

And I think you've done a damn fine job :goodjob:

34 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Thought you said I had to stop starting builds  :whistle:

beefy

I said that..........:shrug:   Doh!!!

Rob

• Haha 1

Well this build has been on hold this week got a job from work I could not refuse I have to paint the factory for the top blokes retirement  :hmmm:

IMG-5941.jpg

Well not the real one  :winkgrin:

IMG-5945.jpg

Thing is the industrial 3D printer is a bit on the rough side for finish could take a while

beefy

• Like 2

On 09/04/2019 at 21:00, beefy66 said:

trying to get it to look like this

I would say you're well on the way :thumbsup2:

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

Thing is the industrial 3D printer is a bit on the rough side for finish could take a while

Glad Nisan don't print their cars :whistle:

Kev

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well at last I can get some of my own work done  :rage:

I had lost some of the deck vents and was not to happy with the carly floats the kit comes with them joined together so while at the Scot Nats in Perth at the weekend I purchased some seperate ones

IMG-6067.jpg

And dry fit of the vents

IMG-6068.jpg

Oh and i also got another thing from Coastal Craft

IMG-6065.jpg

among a few other bits  :yahoo:

beefy

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Right you lot I am looking for advice on the inverted cone antenna for the mast tried and miserably failed a few times now 

can any of you help mine just end up looking like a spider webs and Sid is no help at all. :spider:

beefy 

Hi Beefy.

I feel your pain.  On my BPB build I tried a number times to build the conical transponder, but failed each time as they just didn't look right or my big fingers kept getting in the way.

I finally made the antenna shown in the photos below.  I ended up making the cone shapes from clear plastic sprue (although it looks a little foggy in the close-up pics), and made the antenna 'wires' from stretched black plastic sprue.  I glued the plastic 'wires' to the clear plastic cones using clear cement.

46932412805_3fd0cdfc1c_b.jpg

40881863473_ed3a8b8b8d_b.jpg

... and the finished model.

38196851401_36238e7d65_b.jpg

Hope this gives you some ideas.

John

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Courageous said:

Sack 'im. Do you have a pic of what it should look like?

Stuart

12 hours ago, Modelholic said:

Do you mean the type 253 IFF that extends forward of the mast over the bridge and is kind of a wire frame egg timer?

5 hours ago, JohnWS said:

Hi Beefy.

I feel your pain.  On my BPB build I tried a number times to build the conical transponder, but failed each time as they just didn't look right or my big fingers kept getting in the way.

I finally made the antenna shown in the photos below.  I ended up making the cone shapes from clear plastic sprue (although it looks a little foggy in the close-up pics), and made the antenna 'wires' from stretched black plastic sprue.  I glued the plastic 'wires' to the clear plastic cones using clear cement.

46932412805_3fd0cdfc1c_b.jpg

40881863473_ed3a8b8b8d_b.jpg

... and the finished model.

38196851401_36238e7d65_b.jpg

Hope this gives you some ideas.

John

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

My version

P1070009 (Copy)

P1070079 (Copy)

P1080016 (Copy)

HTH

Kev

Gent's thanks again for coming to the rescue with your wealth of knowledge it is that little blighter the 253 Transponder or egg cup thing

John and Kev some interesting ways of doing it just goes to show I should have just asked first  :rage:

I will be nicking both of those ideas and giving them a go ASAP I know it looks quiet around here a the moment but I have been doing stuff Honest and it has nothing to do with Seagulls or Porpoise

beefy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Like I said i have been busy carly floats painted and stanchions made up and painted also added the exhaust covers and rods at the rear.

also made up the boat hooks going from the photo of the real boat in the instruction manual the hooks go on to the breakwater and not the deck as some have them  :hmmm:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

had to move the cleats outboard to get the rod pivots to fit think the instruction is a generic for most types again should have checked first  :doh:

beefy

• Like 11

On 5/18/2019 at 3:52 PM, JohnWS said:

beefy, that's looking really good.  Awesome seascape, as well. :yes:

On 5/18/2019 at 8:54 PM, Courageous said:

:ditto:

Stuart

On 5/19/2019 at 4:10 PM, robgizlu said:

:ditto:

And that's one from me as well

Rob

Thanks Gent's I was not quite happy with the wave colour so I have added more cotton wool soaked in Vallejo Still Water a tip taken from a link posted by @Courageous in my Eskimo build

Also added the white deck marking for the carley floats and started to place the stanchions and a couple of the crew

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Modelholic said:

Beefy,

I've noticed something and it's bugging me!

In post #201 what're the markings on the backdrop from?

Just curious

Tom

Hi Tom the backdrop is the black backing card you get in the kit for the PE it’s just faded out so that the pattern shows through because it has taken me so long to build.  :whistle:

beefy 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well thought I had better get back to this one after a week in Malta for a friend's wedding and finishing off the book I started reading when on said holiday it was a BIG book  :book:

So tried a couple of the antena and failed but kept going and think this is the best of a bad job on my part went with the @longshanks method

spacer.png

spacer.png

And the start of my Teepee

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And added the rigging tie loops

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 5