1/144 - Sud-Aviation SE-210 Caravelle III/VI-N & 10R by Amodel - released - NH Detail PE sets

Homebee

On 2/11/2018 at 17:50, pinky coffeeboat said:

I may order the other version VI-N to see if there are fences in that (probably not). 

The plastic is identical in both kits (still no fences), just different decals.

Dave

resized_991d7de0-f7cd-4563-b04b-2d2c0606

• Like 2

I may be wrong because I am comparing only with the photo in the first post, but the lower edge of the passenger windows should be well above the fuselage center line and that seems not to be the case with this kit. I am using as reference the blueprints and the scale drawings reproduced in John Wegg's book.

39409435245_f13a80a3c3_o.jpg

Carlos

Thanks Dave. Actually quite a nice scheme and interesting to see the window decals. The one I have included wheel and flight deck window masks

Carlos, I'll have a look at mine later. The window area on the kit is a larger rectangular clear piece that is fitted to the fuselage. The windows are lightly engraved on that. I haven't checked to see how they line up yet.

Lucky you having John Weggs Caravelle book, I'm envious!!

• Like 1

To continue to flog a dead horse...

When compared to the MisterCraft (perhaps Airfix clone?)

Fuselage contours.

20180220_165334.jpg

Nose contours

20180220_165413.jpg

Lower wing shapes

20180220_165511.jpg

20180220_165626.jpg

Upper wings

20180220_165650.jpg

Tail fins, Amodel taller

20180220_165745.jpg

20180220_165816.jpg

20180220_165840.jpg

20180220_165957.jpg

Done. Now bored with this, go out and build Amodels Caravelle for fleets and build the Authentic Airliners Caravelle if you only ever want one.

Jeff 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

Done. Now bored with this, go out and build Amodels Caravelle for fleets and build the Authentic Airliners Caravelle if you only ever want one.

Jeff 

...or use MisterCrap. With "a little" work it can be done, as the fuselage diameter is good. 

39675275234_bed3c4dabb_b.jpg

The wings are also good dimensionaly. In fact, they are better in this aspect than Amodel's, that have too much sweep back. Wegg lists 19º 59´20" at 25% of the chord. I measured that line (present on the plans), and I read 20º. So, the plans are good, MC goes almost good with the plans and by your comparison Amodel must be wrong. It's a pity, as the detail is very good.

39675274684_4b870d0947_b.jpg

By the way, if you are interested in the French edition of Wegg's book you still can get it at the very same price I got mine a few years ago. Just look for it in Bookfinder

And thanks for the comparison! Very appreciated.

Carlos

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

I think I've just bought the French language edition of the Caravelle book!!!!! huge thanks for the link!! :worthy:

Jeff, which one did you buy, the one for €396 or the one at €412? Hope you didn't go for the €47.20 it's probably really tatty!:rofl2:

Cheers,

Ian

22 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

And it's got wing fences!

Cheers,

Ian

:lol: - Yeah but have you seen how thick they are? More like wing walls!!!

I was tempted by the €412 book (for all of about a nano second) then I saw the €40 "comme neuf". It's been paid for using paypal so I think I bought it; there followed a pop up advert with something like "commande termine" and €16 reduction. It took me a few seconds of school boy French to realise that it was an offer off my next purchase...I think.

And worst of all, Hannants have sold out of the Amodel kits!!!!! Just when I had convinced myself it wasn't all doom and gloom and they would look fine on my shelf. Nothing cheap on ebay except that seller who used my photos.

Jeff

And another boxing announced - ref. 1480 - Sud-Aviation SE-210 Caravelle 10R

Sources: https://www.aviationmegastore.com/se-210-caravelle-10r--hispania-amdl1480-a-model-amdl1480-airliner-modelling-kits/product/?action=prodinfo&art=152681

https://hobbyterra.com/product/carawella-10r-amodel-1480.html

Box art

SE-210 Caravelle 10R  (Hispania)  amdl1480

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Got the 2 kits, and I must say, I like it! There maybe some little ones inaccuracies, but the overall impression looks like a great improvement to the airfix kit to me.

and BOTH KITS INCLUDE WINGFENCE PE!!! 

• Like 1

Hooray!!! As RCI reports above, the latest batch of Caravelles to fly from the Amodel warehouse contain wing fences (and a slight price increase to pay for them...).

Edit- I bought 2 from Hannants, one in the Aeroflot colours (Caravelle 111) and one in Corse Air colours (Caravelle VI-N). Only the latter kit contains the PE fences.

So has anybody had any luck contacting Amodel to ask for the missing parts? It all smacks of confusion at the factory where everyone thought everyone else would sort it out. Sloppy!!!!

Plus I got the John Wegg book - wow!! Worth getting.

Jeff 

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
  • Like 1

On 09/03/2018 at 11:58 AM, Homebee said:

Sorry to flog this even more, but there's a seller on eBay offering the new 10R kit. He shows the decals (Hispania and Air Caledonie), he shows the painting guide and the 10R instruction sheet BUT the plastic shown is of the Caravelle 111/ VI-R and does not feature the different engines of the later version...

I think Amodel need to stop and sort out their quality control. I'll wait until someone else confirms the engines are right or wrong (no wing fences shown either!!!!).

Jeff 

On 3/24/2018 at 11:13 PM, pinky coffeeboat said:

Sorry to flog this even more, but there's a seller on eBay offering the new 10R kit. He shows the decals (Hispania and Air Caledonie), he shows the painting guide and the 10R instruction sheet BUT the plastic shown is of the Caravelle 111/ VI-R and does not feature the different engines of the later version...

I think Amodel need to stop and sort out their quality control. I'll wait until someone else confirms the engines are right or wrong (no wing fences shown either!!!!).

Jeff 

If its this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sud-Aviation-SE-210-Caravelle-10R-PE-parts-1-144-Amodel-1480-NEW/302678802019?epid=2288020934&hash=item46790ffe63:g:OHcAAOSwnBJatWDO the picture of the sprues is common to the other two versions also for sale and dated 18/3/2018 whereas the rest of the 10R photos are dated 23/3/2108 and do include the wing fences. So hopefully the 10R does have JT8s as shown on the painting guides.

Graham

• Like 1

Mach2 released their Caravelle over 15 years ago. I bought one and fondled the plastic many times until someone online pointed out it's numerous "issues".  I still have it and will get round to making it someday, unless Amodel (or some other model company - I do recall seeing on the Authentic Airliners stand at Telford 2016 a resin 1/72 Caravelle model) scale theirs up.

Jeff

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
  • Like 1

I know it, sorry for provoking... This is perhaps due to my "investment" in Mach DC 4. I was so hapy this some years ago. Recently I gave up and bough Revell.. .

• 8 months later...

NH Detail PE dedicated sets

- ref. A144-024 - Sud Aviation SE-210 Caravelle III Detail Set for AModel (1478)
- ref. A144-025 - Sud Aviation SE-210 Caravelle VI-N Detail Set for AModel (1479)
- ref. A144-026 - Sud Aviation SE-210 Caravelle 10R Detail Set for AModel (1480)

Source:  https://www.facebook.com/NHDetail/posts/2190392910995417

V.P.

Edited by Homebee