Does anyone have this book on Bismarck?

modelman182

Hi All

I have the old Tamiya 350th Bismarck plus PE and barrels which I intend to start work on later this year. Haven't been able to find anything definitive about the aerial rigging for Bismarck, but did find this book (available as a Kindle download, which would suit my purposes) :-

BookCoverBismarck.jpg

Just wanted to know if it has reasonable drawings showing the rigging (all I really need the book for) and is therefore worth the purchase price of just under a tenner?

Failing that, any suggestions as to a good source for the rigging layout would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Kev

I've downloaded some of the other titles in the series and although not big on drawings they do have some detail photographs and some very good model builds in them that could be used for your purpose.

Although I've not seen them the 'Profile Morskie' series are supposed to be very good with scale drawings included.

e.g.

ps://blueprintsofwarships.com.pl/Books_PaperPlans350.htm

Tom

Edited by Modelholic

Thanks Tom

I've found a few partial drawings and some pics on the 'net, but just wondered if there was a reasonably priced paper/electronic source I could use. Sounds like much of what is in that particular title could be gleaned from online.

The 'Profile Morskie' title and plan does look good - if a little more expensive than I'd planned for. Definitely one to tuck away for consideration when I have extra cash available (not that THAT happens very often! LOL!).

Cheers

Kev

I know what your saying, Kev. Some of those Morskies just scream BUY ME!  but a severe lack of hard currency keeps getting in the way.

Oh well. One day...

Tom

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2017 at 8:06 AM, modelman182 said:

Hi All

I have the old Tamiya 350th Bismarck plus PE and barrels which I intend to start work on later this year. Haven't been able to find anything definitive about the aerial rigging for Bismarck, but did find this book (available as a Kindle download, which would suit my purposes) :-

BookCoverBismarck.jpg

Just wanted to know if it has reasonable drawings showing the rigging (all I really need the book for) and is therefore worth the purchase price of just under a tenner?

Failing that, any suggestions as to a good source for the rigging layout would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Kev

Greetings Kev,

This book has several line drawings and colour drawings of both Bismarck and Tirpitz as well as numerous clear photographs of both ships. Combine those with the modelers showcase and you shouldn't have any problems rigging either vessel. They are not identically rigged but share a lot of similarities.

In a nutshell, well worth the money!

Regards,

Kev.

On 5/31/2017 at 10:42 PM, Jockster said:

Greetings Kev,

This book has several line drawings and colour drawings of both Bismarck and Tirpitz as well as numerous clear photographs of both ships. Combine those with the modelers showcase and you shouldn't have any problems rigging either vessel. They are not identically rigged but share a lot of similarities.

In a nutshell, well worth the money!

Regards,

Kev.

Thanks for that, Kev.

As it turns out, my local model shop had a donation of some books and among them was the Salamander Encyclopedia of the world's Warships. That's got a cracking three page spread colour drawing of the Bismarck (side and plan view) which clearly shows the rigging. The owner has let me had it for free (always appealing to those of a Scottish upbringing, like myself) so I'm good to go when I can get through the other stuff that currently clogs the workspace... :D

Cheers

Kev

• Like 1