Hasegawa Akagi

So that is were it ended up

Judging by the skills you were showing us all at the stand I think you will be making a grand job of this good luck with the build will be following for more tips  :book:

Beefy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Judging by the skills you were showing us all at the stand I think you will be making a grand job of this good luck with the build will be following for more tips  :book:

Beefy

Humph!

I had my eye on it all weekend but someone it was only affordable if it was her's :wonder:

I'm watching carefully but am fairly confident she won't screw it up.

I intended to get off to a flying start with Mogami for next year but instead shut my right thumb in a door so only managed to drill out port holes. Some start - I haven't removed a single bit from a sprue :wtf:

I trust you got home safe? Your club mate has a very supportive wife - after buying the Pontos Hood set on Saturday morning he came back for the Pontos Rodney set later!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

I trust you got home safe? Your club mate has a very supportive wife - after buying the Pontos Hood set on Saturday morning he came back for the Pontos Rodney set later!

Yes Joe does have a very supportive wife he is currently building the Bismarck 1/200 just OOB with some extra Eduard rails but he saw what Brian got in his POW set and asked me what I thought of them then I told him how many I had that is when he came back to you

He was sitting next to me at the club meeting asking me for tips on the Thursday night before we all traveled up to Perth

Looks like I, am getting the blame for all of them now wanting to build ships :whistle:

Did you get a chance to look over at our stand I know you were busy chatting while the missus was building  :coolio:

Keith

• Like 1

On 02/05/2017 at 9:31 PM, beefy66 said:

Beefy

Edited by MrsSovereignHobbies
  • Like 1

Hello Mrs SH :) 

Mind if I tag along to add moral support/poke fun as appropriate? I'm sure you will have this done well before next year, even taking into account the acreage* of etched metal that came with it...

Cheers,

Stew

* prefixed with 'vast'

• Like 1

Hello Mrs SH, I bet Jamie is as sick as a dog not having that jewel of a model all to himself! Having seen Your husbands photos of your brass bending prowess I have no doubt about your abilities to handle this beautiful kit.

Enjoy.

A word of advice though, you may find it helpful to keep feeding the carpet monster bits of Mogami so that it doesn't develop an appetite for Akagi parts! :wicked:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrsSovereignHobbies said:

. . . The pe was being a pain (totally the pe's fault not me) so I gave up and watched telly instead. This may take some time!!

Ha, sounds just like many of my ship building sessions - my last ship took 1 and 1/2 years to build! :D

• Like 1

Some free advice?    Look up ComfortablyNumb & Warreni who did builds here on BM. The Super-Set etch can be tricky, & these guys light the way! 

For me, As i'm building this kit now, the most awkward part so far is either the front flightdeck underside etch, Or part E10 at stage 8. For some reason it didn't sit level with the flightdeck level. Otherwise, it fits like a dream. I built the hull & painted it, then fitted the inserts after.

Hope this helps....

• Like 3

I've seen some of your P.E. work on one of Jamie's previous builds so you should have no trouble putting this together. I normally spend about 10 to 15 minutes on P.E. and then leave it for 20 to 30 minutes to let my eyesight recover. :crosseyed:

Keep up the good work,

Cheers Andy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrsSovereignHobbies said:

Thanks all. I will check out those build treads, I'm sure they'll be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than mine!

I spent last night discovering how terrible my painting is and this morning attempting to make it look less carp. Hasn't worked, but hey ho, onward I go! 

Sounds a bit fishy to me!?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Building the Imperial Japanese Navy as a family project, thats really nice !

Good work with the PE parts, guess here comes a stunner !:thumbsup: