Anyone for tennis? "Novak Djokovic" in 1/144

In parallel with my British Midland A321 I built this model of Air Serbia’s A319 YU-APC “Novak Djokovic” for display at the recent Scottish Nationals.  Again the kit is Revell out of the box apart from replacement winglets.  Decals are F-DCAL with a PAS windscreen and detail decals from the kit and the spares box.  I have no interest in tennis (not even my fellow-countryman Andy Murray) but I do like Air Serbia’s livery and I think it makes an attractive model.

Once again thanks for looking and constructive criticism is welcome.

Dave G

SAM_2332_1.jpg

SAM_2326_1.jpg

SAM_2327_1.jpg

SAM_2329.jpg

• Like 27

Dave, you're spoiling us! Three in one day! Although I nearly missed this one as I too have no interest in tennis and if it wasn't for the scale in the title wouldn't have even looked.

I think this is my favourite of the today's trio, simple but nice and bright. How did you find the fit of the tail decal? Not too much evidence of overlapping. Always a fear of mine when using 'whole tail' laser decals.

More please? What's next?

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind remarks everybody - much appreciated :)

On 5/2/2017 at 10:26 PM, Turbofan said:

Dave, you're spoiling us! Three in one day! Although I nearly missed this one as I too have no interest in tennis and if it wasn't for the scale in the title wouldn't have even looked.

I think this is my favourite of the today's trio, simple but nice and bright. How did you find the fit of the tail decal? Not too much evidence of overlapping. Always a fear of mine when using 'whole tail' laser decals.

More please? What's next?

Cheers,

Ian

Ian, I know you and I share a distrust of overall fin decals but the fit in this case was nearly perfect.  There was virtually no overlap,  A tiny gap on the top was touched up with some red paint (Revell Aqua but I've forgotten which!) and Tamiya X3 dealt with another small gap where the dark blue didn't quite meet on the leading edge. 

What's next?  Oh goodness!  I absolutely MUST finish the SAS DC-6 which I started as part of the Group Build last year.  I have a DC-4 just about ready for its KLM white top decals. I'm also about to start applying decal squares (lots and lots of decal squares) to an A319 in the hope of replicating the Germanwings Park Inn logojet.  It's pure insanity but it's a project I've cherished for years.  It obviously a long-term matter and I'll be surprised if it's finished by this time next year. I have a Condor 747-100 (Revell/Braz/Classic Airlines) trundling along in the background but again it's a long-term project. I feel an Air Koryo IL-62M (ICM kit) coming on at some point and a recent flight on G-BNWA, BA's oldest 767, reminded me that the current BA livery isn't represented in my collection.  Plenty to keep me going!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

What's next?  Oh goodness!  I absolutely MUST finish the SAS DC-6 which I started as part of the Group Build last year.  I have a DC-4 just about ready for its KLM white top decals. I'm also about to start applying decal squares (lots and lots of decal squares) to an A319 in the hope of replicating the Germanwings Park Inn logojet.  It's pure insanity but it's a project I've cherished for years.  It obviously a long-term matter and I'll be surprised if it's finished by this time next year.  I have a Condor 747-100 (Revell/Braz/Classic Airlines) trundling along in the background but again it's a long-term project.  I feel an Air Koryo IL-62M (ICM kit) coming on at some point and a recent flight on G-BNWA, BA's oldest 767, reminded me that the current BA livery isn't represented in my collection.  Plenty to keep me going!

About as long as my to do list!

So it looks like the KLM DC-4 is going to be next then. Really excited to see the Park Inn A319, that is going to be very eye catching! Can't wait!

Cheers,

Ian

17 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

About as long as my to do list!

So it looks like the KLM DC-4 is going to be next then. Really excited to see the Park Inn A319, that is going to be very eye catching! Can't wait!

Cheers,

Ian

I really think finishing the DC-6 has to be my priority.  If nothing else I owe that to John Viking who very kindly donated some decals when F-DCAL omitted all the registrations from the sheet they sent me then repeatedly ignored my e-mails.  The DC-4 can go on the back burner for the moment - I'll aim to finish it for the Dundee show in August.  Park Inn may never happen and if it does it's unlikely to be anytime soon so please contain your excitement :winkgrin:

I confess, the title of this post made me curious about exactly what I was going to see.

But, make no mistake, your A321 is simply superb modelling!

Glad I took a look - very inspiring indeed.

:clap:

• Like 1