TYPHOON FGR.4 - Revell 1/48

• 5 weeks later...

I'm late to comment and actually found this while checking on posts related to Olimp. What a beautiful Typhoon! Outstanding work and I hope to start the same kit soon. Thanks for sharing and thanks for NOT pre-shading the aircraft. With the exception of naval or east bloc airforces I think it is terribly overdone.

Could you please post exactly what was wrong with the olimp nozzles? I do have an interest in the nozzles and intake for the Typhoon but have no idea how they look to scale or any fit troubles. Can anyone else chime in?

Edited by Blue_Centurion

Just came across this myself researching for my Typhoon , great looking model lovely finish :goodjob:

Guy

1 hour ago, Blue_Centurion said:

Thanks for sharing and thanks for NOT post shading the aircraft. With the exception of naval or east bloc airforces I think it is terribly overdone.

Hi, first thanks for rating, second - I'm  trying to make models of worn and dirty planes, but not dirty airplanes models. Small difrent but.... :wink:

1 hour ago, Blue_Centurion said:

Could you please post exactly what was wrong with the olimp nozzles? I do have an interest in the nozzles and intake for the Typhoon but have no idea how they look to scale or any fit troubles. Can anyone else chime in?

Very nice in detail, but my product had nozzles of different diameters (about 0,8 mm - 1mm - I had a lot of work with the narrowing of one). 

Second problem - The afterburner rings are thick and do not fit in the fuselage......soo I used plastic from Revell

4 hours ago, Jurek Greinert said:

Hi, first thanks for rating, second - I'm  trying to make models of worn and dirty planes, but not dirty airplanes models. Small difrent but.... :wink:

I agree 100% like I said it is often over emphasized on Western aircraft. Thanks for the explanation regarding the nozzles. I might give them a try if priced appropriately.

18 hours ago, Blue_Centurion said:

I got a set for the 1/72 Hasegawa Typhoon. Total waste of money. The sizing is completely wrong and they ended up in the bin. I wouldn't waste your money. 

Great model!

Seems that I have to have a look at my olimp nozzles... wonderimg....!

I also habe the Enjanced  Paveway Ii bombs and pylon set...

Looks a bit rough, but more or less the only game in town....

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/2/2017 at 1:42 PM, Selwyn said:

Really good looking kit one of the best Typhoons I have seen built up. (shame abut the 3(f) Squadron markings Though!)

An accuracy note for any future builds:The RAF has never used GBU 24,Also Typhoon does not carry the the RAF equivelant Paveway III(UK) weapon. should be Paveway II(UK) or Enhanced PW II(UK) or PW IV fitted. You have Put  RBF flags on the bomb station  pylons, Typhoon does not use pylon safety pins/ RBF flags on its pylons, it has a pylon safety switches instead.

Selwyn

After two years of waiting, Reskit released Paveway-UK and I replaced GBU-24 with the correct one.

VElFPhkh.jpg
JX3FqAMh.jpg
2EO6PhHh.jpg

• Like 2

Missed this first time round. Absolutely beautiful Typhoon Jurek - really nicely built and finished. Good that you have been able to buy accurate bombs now to finish it all off! Superb!

Cheers

Malcolm

6 hours ago, Jurek Greinert said:

After two years of waiting, Reskit released Paveway-UK and I replaced GBU-24 with the correct one.

VElFPhkh.jpg
JX3FqAMh.jpg
2EO6PhHh.jpg

Unfortunately the Paveway III (UK)  in the pictures above does not have the Tail mounted arming vane or hardback , the main visual differences between a GBU 24 and a Paveway III(UK), so its not really  accurate,  but its  of little consequence, as  The Typhoon does not  carry this weapon anyway.

Minor Nitpick, The  nose covers on the very nice enhanced Paveway II(UK) should be  light buff coloured  not bricky red and not there at all if your kit is depicted in flight.

Selwyn

Edited by Selwyn