Models from the Past

Barneydhc82

Here is a model built in 1981 for a retiring friend who flew this aircraft while assigned to 243 Sqn RAF..  The rocking chair and later a fishing rod, tackle box and net told the story behind this 1:32 build..  On Larry`s last day in Pitt Meadows Tower, we made him stay in position right to the last second ...then presented him with the model.It was well worth the effort.

Barney

FlightLineModels025.jpg

• Like 14

He flew SN-M? Probably one of the best photographed Spitfires ever!  I have a color print of her coming out of clouds that is on the wall in my hobby room! Nice build, BTW, and I'm sure you made a former Spit pilot very happy.

Mike

Here is another model, 1:72 scale Airfix, built for S/L Mel Lee who flew this a/c on 423 Sqn, RCAF .  He continued flying after the war until the mid 1970s.  I alwys enjoy building for veterans

Mel%20Lees%20Sunderland.jpg 

• Like 8

Here is the Hasegawa 1:32 Sabre 6 which I built a few years ago and presented to Col George Miller who flew Lead Solo with the Golden Hawks, Leader of the Snowbirds and later Base Commander at Moose Jaw.

By the Way, that gold paint is from the original Sheffield Luxor Pale Gold pigment mixed with Model Master Clear Gloss

Barney

BigSabre029.jpg

• Like 1

On 2017-04-30 at 7:33 AM, 72modeler said:

He flew SN-M? Probably one of the best photographed Spitfires ever!  I have a color print of her coming out of clouds that is on the wall in my hobby room! Nice build, BTW, and I'm sure you made a former Spit pilot very happy.

Mike

So do I. :)