What do you do with your "failed" kits?

Harrywilliams

After getting back in the hobby recently I decided to try a save my Airfix 1/72 spitfire, I didn't work, I ended up salvaging the useful parts and using the frame as a test bed for paints, so this leads me to the question, what do you do with your "failed" kits?

6 minutes ago, Harrywilliams said:

After getting back in the hobby recently I decided to try a save my Airfix 1/72 spitfire, I didn't work, I ended up salvaging the useful parts and using the frame as a test bed for paints, so this leads me to the question, what do you do with your "failed" kits?

Harry. What may I ask are failed kits.  :yikes:

Laurie

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

Harry. What may I ask are failed kits.  :yikes:

Laurie

Well when I started making models years ago, I had no clue what to do, I would often skip instructions, paint without mixing or glue the wrong bits, (I have changed since :lol: and to be fair I was about 10 years old) so I decided years later to try and "rebuild" the kits but it never worked, so that's why there called "failed" kits, they may be beyond repair, but it doesn't make them useless, (like I mentioned I normally use them as test beds)

Usually, they become donor kits. If I can't rebuild it (and I'm talking AFV's now), I break it down and keep the usable parts. If it an be rejuvenated, then I do this;

John.

• 3 weeks later...