This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Another Denial of Service Attack

15 hours ago, Speedbird 48 said:

What on earth would someone gain by taking this site down?

Personal satisfaction of causing other people unhappiness.

Having a lot of hassle accessing the forum.  @Mike any chance you could PM me a contact e-mail please?  :coolio:

3 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Having a lot of hassle accessing the forum.  @Mike any chance you could PM me a contact e-mail please?  :coolio:

Any chance you can PM me a request for an email contact address? :wicked:  better yet, email me :devil:

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Sgt. I was and still do get occasional difficulty in getting on the forum. Seemed to be fine from my iPhone out of the house. Found an occasional reboot of my home hub would sort it, happened again last night, old switch on and off and back on in seconds....might or might not help you?

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Any chance you can PM me a request for an email contact address? :wicked:

I did try.....Then I got booted, twice!

Are we still having issues with ex members or is this a techie issue ?

...suddenly gone veerrryyyy slow here...

Seems fine to me.

Trevor

On 4/26/2018 at 2:06 PM, Mike said:

Right on cue after an update, we're being attacked again.  The server would have needed 27 cores (it has 8 ) to deal with the traffic, but the defences are already reducing them by locking them out as they go on.  It's amazing that a group of "Russian Hackers" have so much time on their hand to watch a random modelling forum, isn't it? :shrug:

Very interesting as I had a huge spike in activity on my website recently from Russia, 10 times the normal daily traffic in just over an hour. Sadly none of them bought a single thing. They would actually have done me more harm if they had as I couldn't handle that many orders in one day without having a breakdown!

Duncan B

It's all those fine Braille Russian tanks you are ordering.....Now everybody wants one!  :P

Was there an attack about 0100 today?

I tried to access using Chrome and Edge but kept getting timed out.

Seems OK so far now.

On 18/06/2018 at 12:28, Scimitar said:

Was there an attack about 0100 today?

We notice spikes in CPU load occasionally still, but we have the software tuned so that they don't last long.  It's a case of spike and drop off within a few tens of seconds if I happen to be watching when it happens.  Makes you wonder why they're still bothering - still, it's costing someone, somewhere some money :shrug: