This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Another Denial of Service Attack

Well, right on cue after an upgrade to the system software we are currently under attack from a group of IPs that are synonymous with various malicious attacks on servers.  Funny that, isn't it?  We're working with our Hosts, US cyber security and their British equivalent over here to collate evidence with a view to pressing charges both on the people perpetrating the attack, and those requesting and paying for it.  These days you can commission this kind of attack quite cheaply if you know where to look, I believe.

We're also speaking to our solicitors to orchestrate the defence of our server, and will be pursuing this further once we have all the evidence in hand.  In the meantime, please accept our apologies for the delay in loading pages until they're locked off.  They're also trying to Brute Force our email server, so that's being combatted too.

By all means offer us a bit of sympathy for having to put up with this crap again, but don't launch into any rants about their mental state, parental status, or moral compass on here.  Do it by PM by all means, and as before if you are aware of any evidence on these attacks that would help us stop them, it is your moral obligation to let us know, as this is motivated purely by malice, but the real victims are you the members. :shrug:

Yes Mike, keep up the good work, and I hope you and the team can get it sorted!

Thanks, Ray

Some people just don't get it. Mike, when you nail them, clean them out this time. If there is one thing that ticks me off, it's idiots sitting at a keyboard thinking it's funny to disrupt the lives of others. 

Thanks for the comments guys :)  The silly thing is, it's the members that suffer when this happens, and what have they done to deserve their access to the site disrupting?  Nothing :shrug: Pure spite, mixed in with a lot of other negative emotions... that's all there is to it.

It does make you think, even more so when you read things on an other site about dropping a code into the britmodeller as a way of saying good bye from a disgruntled member.

Good luck in your efforts to catch up with the perpetrators Mike, and when you do I hope that you have a large tome handy. I am sure that they will get what they deserve in the end.

I've not noticed any 'slowness', but then I have a terrible internet connection 90 percent of the time so even 24hrs delay would be nothing to me.:D And anyway, BM is worth the wait!

'Spite. It's a funny old thing. The spiteful will go a long way to prove just how unworthy they were of .

being most graciously tolerated for a little while'.

Ethel Danglegusset.

Rearguards,

Badder

Mike, fight the good fight and the best of luck.

Many thanks.

Pete

Thats some serious disgruntlement to want to do it again!

Hopefully this is the last time 👍🏿

Please accept moral support from me.

If you hadn't chanced it in the first place we'd all be whinging about Hyperscale on Aeroscale.

This is really the only modelling site I frequently frequent and I am grateful for the effort put in by Mike and the crew. Time is precious enough without trying to spoil someones fun.

Good luck bringing the perpetrators to book.

35 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Thats some serious disgruntlement to want to do it again!

It's a hell of a risk if they're caught. :shrug: There's no accounting for the level of entitlement and spite coming from some folks though.  If I told you even 10% of it, you wouldn't believe the depths that some people will stoop to in the name of "their hobby". :mental:

1 hour ago, Badder said:

I've not noticed any 'slowness', but then I have a terrible internet connection 90 percent of the time so even 24hrs delay would be nothing to me.:D And anyway, BM is worth the wait!

Thanks, and you have my sympathies if your broadband really is that bad. :S

Thanks for fighting the good fight & keeping us in the loop Mike, it's appreciated.

Steve.

Hello,Mike - I'm sure I can speak for all fellow colleagues on this great Forum in wishing your Goodself and Team every success in dealing with these negative issues and for a speedy and satisfying conclusion.

You have many,many loyal supporters and I'm delighted to be one of them.

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

Thanks guys - the support is appreciated, both from your good selves, and the folks at our Hosts.  They're a great bunch, and very helpful :)

Bring out the Acorn Electron version of the server maybe?

Wasn't BBC Basic OS secure BTW?

Rick.

...until they invented modems :shrug:

I'm with the others Mike

Keep up keeping up

Hope you get whoever it is nailed

What the others say too for me.

What I find annoying is in all possibility those instigating this will be happy to smile and say hello at shows while hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.  Still I suppose one should really pity them as they can't have very fulfilling or happy lives.

What's beyond belief is why go to all the trouble(or expense if someone is indeed paying for it) to tamper with a model forum?

God know's there are enough thing's going on in the world to get hot under the collar about other than us lot sticking bit's of

plastic together!