Revell MiG-31 1/72

Valkyrie

Ok, I think I have reached my limit with this. The wheels have literally come off. I couldn't get the u/c to pose correctly or safely enough to pose wheels down so all closed up and posed in flight...with no air crew. I haven't glued the canopy down, as I may go back to it at some stage, or I might just like to look inside as it was Defoe my best cockpit so far. Il need to invest in a display stand but a pizza box holder and some blutac will do for now. Not going to arm her as I have very little photos of modern naval examples with weaponry and the red/pink seal around the glass i might do before the end. Just lost heart after the u/c incident, was going so well and probably still my best model attempt ever....

IMG_5865IMG_5861IMG_5869

• Like 2

Any ideas on how I clean up the canopy? Make the open sections fit tighter and neater and clean the glass? Front portion looks foggy but I think it's from the tape I used to mask it. I feel if I tidy that up looking at it now and try the red seal it might improve the look, I am pretty pleased with the rest of the model. Thanks again everyone 

Sorry to hear about the undercarriage problems - a real shame. Mishaps like that are part of making models unfortunately and I spend a lot of time rectifying them on mine. :wall: I found it best to place the undercarriage at the very end of a build if possible. Sometimes I modify the mountings so that I can fit it last.

On 8/30/2017 at 6:13 AM, Valkyrie said:

Any ideas on how I clean up the canopy? Make the open sections fit tighter and neater and clean the glass? Front portion looks foggy but I think it's from the tape I used to mask it. I feel if I tidy that up looking at it now and try the red seal it might improve the look, I am pretty pleased with the rest of the model. Thanks again everyone 

Cleaning the glass will be difficult as you already painted the canopy. If the foggy part is on the inside of the canopy, you should be able to polish it out. If on the outside, you still can polish it out, but you most likely have to repaint the canopy.

If it is glue residue from the masking tape, you can maybe remove it with IPA (rubbing alcohol). A toothpick dipped moisten with it may work. But try first on a spare clear plastic if the IPA doesn't harm the plastic.

Hopefullly you can visit the model in the future to rectify this issue. But as you say, it still is a very nice model :clap2:

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

Hi peter thanks for that. Il give rubbing it a shot. I'm waiting on a Russian airfield display base to get my photos on but had a nasty knife accident yesterday so I won't be painting the red seal before the deadline. Thanks again for the tips