Hobbyboss Hellcat 1/72

Morning folk's a mojo restorer in the form of Hobbyboss Hellcat,love them or hate them they are cheap and look like what they are meant to represent

albeit with their inaccuracies the expert's will spot them but with my limited knowledge the small wheels were the most obvious but for newbies or 

anyone just wanting to experiment with paint and weathering they are ideal.Thank.s for looking in.

DSCN4933_zpsem7aplxe.jpg

DSCN4937_zpsedf5u6y9.jpg

DSCN4938_zpsds2lyld1.jpg

DSCN4939_zpswl9fbrpj.jpg

DSCN4941_zpst4szgd6n.jpg

DSCN4945_zpsytvcgdmq.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 33

Hobbyboss ... I love them!

And I've never had an " unbuildable" one yet.

I don't really know about tiny inaccurate things, and that's the way I want to keep it!

I've mentioned in my threads about Obsessive Detail Anxiety -

ODA for short.

Recommend the HB easybuilds in 1/48, especially the P38 Lightning.

Total breeze and a great looking plane. Décor...errrm, you may want something different.... but the kit is great.

• Like 2

Well from a layman's point of view, it looks like a Hellcat to me ...............

Great work as usual, Steve

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Hey Steve - Grrrr!!!

That is a mean Hellcat - I love the idea of mojo builds - need one myself  - thanks for sharing.

Steve

• Like 1

Looks great with its big toothy grin mate,.....just the job and the Sea Blue Gloss is weathered nicely too,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

A happily aggressive Hellcat Steve :D

Nicely done.

I think Hobbyboss definitely provide value and accurate kits and I've enjoyed building quite a few from  interesting theatres over the journey

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

Hi again Steve,

there is indeed a plethora of F6Fs landing in RFI, and that's excellent news!

Yours wins the palm for dramatic paint scheme. In my eyes you've chosen the best scheme ever worn by Hellcats! There may be a few red veins missing in the eyes, but who cares, and what's wrong with the wheels? If they touch the ground, they are of the correct diameter!

Well done!

JR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean said:

Hi again Steve,

there is indeed a plethora of F6Fs landing in RFI, and that's excellent news!

Yours wins the palm for dramatic paint scheme. In my eyes you've chosen the best scheme ever worn by Hellcats! There may be a few red veins missing in the eyes, but who cares, and what's wrong with the wheels? If they touch the ground, they are of the correct diameter!

Well done!

JR

Many thank's once again Jean,the third in the trio is causing me grief with the canopy, two attempts have failed so a third is

underway which seems better,the Eduard kit just needs matt coating as I am not weathering it at all,I've just started a threat

in the upcoming Russian GB with another three easy kit's including the fairly new Il-2 which I believe is one of the best in the 

family of these kit's.

• Like 1

Very good work.

No doubt an Eduard kit packs more accuracy and detail, but your Hobbyboss build does all the main things perfectly well.

:goodjob:

• Like 1

Nice work.

Like you said, Love it or Leave it! HB kits are very challenging sometimes and its inaccuracy is a pain in the b.....

But they are cheap and look the part. If have the same model to choose between HB and Airfix (new moulds)  I would definitively choose over to Airfix all the time.

Keep up the good work mate

• Like 1