1/72 Revell EC135 T1 - Garda Air Support Unit

Hi everyone and this is my latest finish this year, Revell's little EC135 T1 in Irish Police Service (Garda) markings.

Full WIP build is here but to recap:

Kit: 1/72 Revell EC135 04939

Decals: Max Decals 7216 Irish Air Corps (OOP but available 2nd hand) and Revell kit for interior and windows.

Extras: High skids and FLIR from extra sprue with  Revell EC145 kit 04653 Police/Gendarmerie

Cut out left-side door and added extra detail to interior. Replaced kit windows with acetate. Avionics 'canoe' and searchlight, aerials scratchbuilt.

Paints: Halfords white from a rattle can; Revell Ultramarine Acrylic Blue with a hairy stick. Klear, Flory Models wash both with a brush.

34851110894_c3713cbc47_b.jpgRevell_EC-135_fuselage_2_Garda_Air_Support_Unit_Done_1 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

34851110764_e80edfdae8_b.jpgRevell_EC-135_fuselage_2_Garda_Air_Support_Unit_Done_2 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

34851110304_91c0ce4fd8_b.jpgRevell_EC-135_fuselage_2_Garda_Air_Support_Unit_Done_5 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

35305038530_aec8024ecc_b.jpgRevell_EC-135_fuselage_2_Garda_Air_Support_Unit_Done_6 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

35305038350_1647789701_b.jpgRevell_EC-135_fuselage_2_Garda_Air_Support_Unit_Done8 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Dedicated to all those who fly Police air support.

Thanks for looking and enjoy your modelling!

All the best,

Dermot

Edited by Dermo245
What is it with uploading photos?!!
  • Like 39

1 hour ago, LostCosmonauts said:

That's a lot of detail squeezed beautifully into a tiny model

Good stuff

Is it small or far away?

Whatever distance it's a nice build and good to see a dedication.

• Like 2

Great piece of modelling there Dermot.  Its an aircraft I too see nearly ever day and night..  I was looking for this before but have just found it now - Better late than never but it shows what a great job you've done..

Taken Oct 15..

Looking at me looking at you...

021_zpsugjpflvv.jpg

022_zps0u0urz6s.jpg

• Like 3

A beautiful model and I was amazed when I saw the pic with it and the Euro, showing how small it is.  I initially thought it must be 1/48th.  I really like the highlighting of the rivet work. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone and really overwhelmed by your reaction to it...it means a lot!

I've reduced the height of the main rotor assembly as felt it looked a bit too 'tall' if you know what I mean.

Thanks again lads.

Dermot

• Like 1

Very nicely made model, I'm developing a real liking for Irish aviation, there are some great subjects like this!

Cheers

John (just started on an Aer Turas DC-4, that Irish bug has bitten!)

• Like 1

An exquisite piece of work Dermot - you've caught the essence of that aircraft perfectly there. Each time I'm stuck on the M50 and the guards fly by I shall think of your build! :thumbsup:

Tony

• Like 1