1/48 Kittyhawk Sukhoi Su-17 M4 Fitter-K

Ian,

that was a fabulous build to watch!! As you know, I'm also building the same kit and must say I don't know what all the negative reviews were about. I am finding this a pleasure to build and only minor issues so far, but nothing nail biting at all. My only major complaint so far is that the speed brakes need a lot of to get them in the closed position. I'm getting ready to assemble the wings and I plan on following your technique with cutting out the pivot rings..

great job!!

Dave

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 06/02/2018 at 17:21, lesthegringo said:

Ian, a quick search of this build doesn't highlight whether or not you used any weight in the nose, and the instructions don't mention it. Was any needed?

Cheers

Les

Building it myself, no nose weight so far and test assembly indicates the CofG is far enough forward

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 6:21 AM, lesthegringo said:

Ian, a quick search of this build doesn't highlight whether or not you used any weight in the nose, and the instructions don't mention it. Was any needed?

Cheers

Les

5 hours ago, Greg B said:

Building it myself, no nose weight so far and test assembly indicates the CofG is far enough forward

Hi Les/Greg

I didnt put any nose weight in. After a dry fit of most components, early on, i felt it didn’t need it. However, I did use HAD Models resin replacement shock-cone, which was slightly heavier then the kit version. But I don’t think it made that much difference to be honest. 

I’m going to build the KH Su-22UM3K, in the near future. I’m looking forward to that, and all I will say is, it will look a bit different. :)

• Like 1