1/35 King Tiger

I was looking to do a vehicle without the sideskirts, so after a great deal of research (5 mins on the 'net and another five asking friends),  I went with this one from the 503rd at Potsdamer Platz, Berlin 1945, numbers are a best guess and too small. Great kit, tough scheme for me though. I didn't have a clue where I was going with the painting and weathering of this, which was fun, so I kept throwing stuff on it until I thought it looked ok. I think in future I might do the dirt and dust before the washes see how that turns out. No fun posting it after Andy's one though.
Cheers for looking y'all.
IMG_2200.JPG

IMG_2203.JPG

IMG_2205.JPG

IMG_2202.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

Edited by Scanlan
  • Like 27

1 hour ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

if I may ask what colour did you use on the  tools handles?

I was wondering that myself. The shade looks perfect.

The whole thing looks pretty perfect to be honest. The weathering suits the subject really well.

Oh, and your ambush spots are way better than mine!

Andy

4 hours ago, colin said:

Beautiful Tiger II

Only thing I would say when you have a model that good it would have looked better photographed on a plain background rather than your workbench

I echo what Colin has said. Beautiful model that would look better photographed on a large piece of card, obtainable from most art supply shops for a couple of pounds/euros.

John.

There ya' go... second set of photos make all the difference. Fantastic finish and like the other folks have said having the skirts removed makes a h*ll of a difference to its' 'look'. 

Ian.

• 3 months later...