The 1/48 scale Argus project began 8 June 2008 and was completed 21 April 2017. Special thanks to Bill Burn from CanMilAir for those wonderful decals and Burt Campbell's book The Untold Story of Canada's Cold War Maritime Hunter. Construction is clear pine boards laminated for proper thickness and shaped hand tools. Paint was shaded at my local hardware store using colour chip found on line. Decals are CanMilAir supplemented by others printed on my HP printer.
A most satisfying project. (Note user icon 1/32 version)

Argus%202017%20015_zpsp5f0afmz.jpg

Edited by Lastvautour
Addition
  • Like 45

3 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

That is just lovely,in fact so lovely that words fail me.

They fail me as well, which why I'm using Scimitar's.

Those behind me in the center panel are 1/48 plastic. My collection is getting fairly large with 260 plastic kit built, 250 kits in my stash. I currently have 170 solid wood models done from scratch and the lumber yard has more than enough wood to last me a life time. The advantage with wood is that the only restriction is where to put them all after they are done. However this will be my last big airplane model. I currently have a 1/144 scale HMCS Bonaventure on the bench, but from here on smaller models will be the norm for me.

Edited by Lastvautour
  • Like 4

Well done, its fantastic. Thanks very much for showing and sticking with it for nine years. Nine years.

Great workmanship !   

• 1 year later...