Britmodeller running slow?

Yeah, go on... Of course you can stay!  Anyone that is polite, respectful and doesn't take me for a mug, slagging me off behind my back is perfectly welcome here.  Always have been.  It's the loons we can do without :mental:

• Like 1

I ain't goin' nowhere either, even if I was kicked out I wouldn't be joining any of the other forums as, before I joined here, I had been on another and, quite frankly. I didn't like the clientelle and voluntarily flew off into the sunset, I then researched the type of conversations going on on other forums and, like Goldilocks, I found this one was 'Just Right'. Sure I have been sad to see some folks being excommunicated but in every case the person had been warned several times and, rather than accept that they had infringed the rules and get on with things, continued to complain or behave in ways likely to result in excommunication.

• Like 2

Just now, Beardie said:

I ain't goin' nowhere either

Glad to hear it :) After your posts on this subject we're more than happy to keep you in beer and skittles ;)

• Like 1

For goodness sake, as SWHBO says to me, "are you sticking together silly little bits of plastic?"

I do this as a hobby (sometimes) (badly, usually) and I stumbled upon this site when googling for SEPECAT Jaguar gen. I

lurked for a while, liked what I saw, recognised that it was a site that could be informative, entertaining and daft, (I do daft) so I signed up.

Never regretted it and I hope that in some small way, I've added to the community.

It's that simple. I model , I browse, I have fun.

I am genuinely dismayed at the departure of some long standing members (however caused) and hope that sometime

in the future they return.

So then, this is my way of saying that I'm going to hang around for the duration.

Trevor in more than four words

• Like 7

Sorry people, but I'm going to be here until I'm either banned or the Grim Reaper comes calling, and the way I feel at the moment, the latter is more likely.

Oh! almost forgot. A third scenario is SWMBO. She keeps threatening to throw the laptop out of the window if I don't "get off of that bl**dy computer and go and cut the grass".

John.

• Like 3

Watch yer language John! :tease:

Trevor, you stay in the 4 word story all you like.  Just remember to keep it within the site guidelines on language, as there are young 'uns watching, including my son now he's a frighteningly fast reader! :shocked: What is it with kids that makes their ears (or eyes) prick up whenever a rude word is uttered? :blink:

• Like 1

Took a huge amount of time to post a comment, all the while this page was pinging me with info about others' new posts. Then I went back to the new posts stream, came back here and find my post has gone and Mike's doubling up his posts. Very odd :). Perhaps I just need more tea?

Mike, I don't know if you are aware but...

I've noticed that the 'Activity' view is showing multiple instances of replies to posts. For example Max Headroom replied to 'Britmodeller running slow', there were two replies in the post itself, but the 'activity' page showed 17 post replies. This is happening for other posts as well. It isn't causing me any problem, just wondered if you are aware.

I don't know if it is only for Linux users. I have a screen grab if you need it.

Gorby

Hi Gorby - can you chuck the screenie over please dear, as I'm having tribble understanding words at the moment.  That sounds like an IPS query, but who knows with all the bollo that's been going on lately.

Just to be sure though, could you clear your cache and restart your browser to see if it clears the problem?  I'll clear the BM cache too. :)

@Mike

I've cleared my cache (again) I'll let you know if it makes any difference.

The screen grab - there are 17 of these entries in total - not all together.

12b8bc09-b348-4fd9-a91d-37fffa510b46.png

I went to have a look at Faragemodeller or whatever it's called and recognised quite a few user names from here - mainly from times past.

The reason I'd noticed many of them (not all, note!) was because I'd already decided from their posts here that they were people who had problems with social interaction: the ones who posted patronising or complaining comments; the ones who thought that their way was the only way; the ones who thought they were the bee's knees and wanted everyone to know it.

Good riddance to them.

If you're a tolerant, social sort who posts on both sites then those comments don't apply to you!

One final thought - it's a shame they didn't name their site britfixmodeller as then they'd have another court case to content with :rofl:

Keep up the great work, Mike and the team - it is much appreciated!

• Like 7

On 09/06/2017 at 4:27 PM, Bullbasket said:

Well while you're logged in as me, can you finish the engine deck on my Tiran as I'm finding it a bu**er to do!

John (The real Bullbasket). It's all fake news folks!!

Sorry, been away for a few day, had to have therapy after getting logged in as Bullbasket and seeing things :lol:

• Like 1

Last night the efforts I've been putting in over the weekend (and the stress) hit me, and by 8pm I was sprawled on the bed asleep.  I woke up briefly at 11pm, but was too fatigued to do anything about the site, so slept through until now.  Something else that I tend not to talk about on the forum is the fact that I'm not the most healthy person on the block, and have ME/CFS (amongst other things).  This is another thing that the hate site love to tell people is all faked, even though a small number of them have seen me at my worst when I simply can't function.  They're such a lovely bunch of people, aren't they? :fraidnot:

Anyway - I'm talking to support today to try & get some more robust measures put in place to prevent this recurring issue that is happening as a direct result of the DDoS, and will endeavour to keep the forum online as much as possible today :)

• Like 4

Good to see that I can get "in" again - I kept getting "fatal error - too many connections" Messages for all fora (but not the Homepage) since yesterday in the evening. Was there an increase in severity of the attack ?

Anyway, don't let them ruin your health. I'd be delighted if the attacks could be traced to the source, in order to Hand a nice robust cease & desist letter... I mean, if we may not physically beat them...

• Like 3

After a recon of the site in question I'm dismayed by the antics of some who I thought were decent chaps.

Some of it looks like a good old game of oneupmanship, well done those people well done indeed.

(thats sarcasm in case its not known in your village)

Back stabbing and snide remarks are all very well and good from the safety of a keyboard and is a

known habit of the creature "Internetus jellyfishus"

As for the individual mentioned earlier all I can say there is grow the hell up, your behaviour is that of a 12

year old schoolgirl miffed over some playground dispute.

It may be true that I push my luck here on some occasions and have been growled at by our resident ground pounder

but seriously if I can stay within the rules it aint that hard. Suggest the whiners go purchase a few bags of "Harden up Princess"

or "Suck it up buttercup" and sod off and leave the rest of the nut house alone.

Myself, my devastating wit and my endless supply of Air Force slag offs will be staying right here.

I will however take cash or paypal to keep my dreadful offspring away :)

Edited by NAVY870
  • Like 10

I had the same issue as Tempestfan this morning - I posted a message through the Facebook site.  Look after yourself @Mike your health is your wealth and tbh if an issues on this forum doesn't get fixed immediately - its not the end of the world..

• Like 1