Fujimi A-6E 1/72

This is the Fujimi A-6E, from the VA-115 ‘Eagles’ boxing.  This is a really nice kit and I built it pretty much straight from the box with a few additions such as hoses and piping around the cockpit and undercarriage, plus the external armour plating on the intakes and under the wings.  The Rockeyes are Eduard Brassin and are just beautiful pieces of casting – thoroughly recommended!  Decals are from the kit, printed by Cartograf.

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

• Like 49

Thanks for all your kind comments - much appreciated!

It really is a great kit to work with.  By the way, I forgot to mention that the Fujimi A-6 comes with the leading edge slats extended but the flaps retracted, whereas it should be both or neither!  However, just trim off the guide rails and the slats fit perfectly - simples!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Booty003 said:

Superb build and finish - I must look up those Rockeyes!

Phil

I bought a pack for a little Hornet project I have in the pipe; I can vouch for their excellence!

Thanks for all the positive comments!

9 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Superb build and finish - I must look up those Rockeyes!

Phil

Those Brassin Rockeyes are definitely worth the money.  In fact, I was so impressed that I started my current build (a Monogram F-4D) partly to use some Brassin Sparrows and Sidewinders!

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Well, although I don't like the aircraft much, your build is great!!!! A very nice finish. A credit to you!

Martin

You're right Martin, the Intruder is no looker!  But it has a kind of purposeful charm, I think

Thanks for all the positive comments!

4 hours ago, kapam said:

Love the subtle shading and nuance in the paintwork.

Thanks for the kapam, I tried something different (for me, at least) with the pre-shading.  Rather than priming in white then spraying a dark colour along the panel lines, I primed with an overall dark grey and then filled in the centres of the panels with lighter shades.  Sort of the same thing at the end of the day but gave some nice irregular tones over which to apply the camouflage colours