Any good model shops in Kraków ?

Vingtor

There was a post about this about a year ago or more. There are two that I found about 3 years ago.  I cannot remember the names of the streets at the moment, but one was in a court yard, away from the street that it was on.

Nils

dont forget a visit to the air museum either.  Last time I was there was several years ago and they had a decent book selection and some models in the shop there.  Interesting exhibits too.  Worth taxi fare there.

John

12 hours ago, Jabba said:

There was a post about this about a year ago or more.

I searched the forum, but could not find anything.

Nils

11 hours ago, Vingtor said:

I searched the forum, but could not find anything.

Nils

Yes Nils, I had a look for the topic straight after I made my post, but to no avail.

A bit of good news though. I think after looking at the maps I have of Krakow that I may have found the streets that the model shops that I visited are on. The first and better one I think is on Dluga and this is the one that is in a courtyard. This courtyard is on the right hand side of the street as you go away from Bastowa, and it is not far from the junction of these two streets. The other shop I think is on Stradomska, and again I think that it is close t the junction with SW. Gertrudy. I hope that this is of some help.

Yet again I can also adds that the museum is a must, although we took a tram to get there.

Thanks Jabba. I will pass on the information to my son and ask him to check it out. He is staying in Kraków for 6 months and I plan to visit him before too long (and maybe bring home some plastic...).

Nils

• 10 months later...

A vote for the one on ul Dluga, location exactly as explained by Jabba.  IIRC it's called Mirage Models.  It's very easy to miss because it's in that courtyard with only a small sign on the main street to betray its presence.  Quite a small shop but a good range of stuff including publications and some aftermarket.  Enough to satisfy my plastic craving for a while.  Didn't see anywhere else selling models in my brief city-break.

Think I have found the shop on Google earth - called Phantom on Dluga 5, Krakow - looks as if it is a bookshop as well.   I shall go and have a look in October!       50° 4'1.55"N   19°56'20.05"E

Further to that  - it's still there - got a goodly stock of kits with some secondhand and the prices are cheaper than the UK...