Siskin undercarriage on Avro 504's

Matave

Both Airfix and Amodels Avro 504's have the early type of undercarriage with a central ski.

After the WW I several Avro 504's (e.g Swedish ones) got a Siskin style undercarriage strut arrangement like in the Matchbox Siskin.

Are there any aftermarket struts, plastic, resin or metal to get?

If you will not found I think it is easy to construct it out of scratch. There could be some problems how very exactly it should look like, here are three drawings:

Avro 504 scheme

File:Avro504n left.png

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Avro 504N

The last one is interesting due to some dimensions given. I am considering construction a Belgium one.

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

HR had a wide range of different Avro 504 variants, on offer at Hannants for a while, but I'm afraid only the etched brass parts are still in stock.  Southern Expo offered a vacform kit of the Avro at their first(?) exhibition, but that didn't provide the undercarriage structure as separate parts.  However if you split it down into its constituent parts it should be fairly straightforward to assemble - he said having not yet plucked up the courage to try himself.

Chroszy Modelbud have Japan version of Avro 504: K2Y1, K2Y2...

http://modelbud.home.pl/pl/p/A31-Navy-Type-3-Land-Base-Primary-TRAINER-K2Y1/128

http://modelbud.home.pl/pl/p/A32- Navy-Type-3-Land-Base-Primary-TRAINER-K2Y2/129

But they have another u/c.

Cheers

J-W.

P.S.

Of course are other differencies between 504K and 504N, not only u/c...

The Siskin undercarriage is indeed not the best candidate. I did mine completely from scratch few years ago, fiddly job, but not impossible (HR Model 504N).

Patrik

P4210033_zpsy9bmg7po.jpg

• Like 2