Commercial Model Plane Kit Ideas

I am looking to buy a commercial model plane kit to make sometime in June, and I am wondering what to get. I have already made a Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 and an Air Dolomiti Embraer 195, and am looking for a kit which isn't too expensive, doesn't need any aftermarket decals, and has a good livery, so as this is probably the best model forum, I am asking you guys for ideas. 

Just now, Richard E said:

Not an expert on the subject but I would suggest one of Revell's A319, A320 or A321 "baby" Airbuses or one of Zvezda's Eastern European offerings.

Would you rather have an Etihad A320 by Revell or a Sukhoi Superjet Aeroflot by Zvezda, as the Etihad is the main Airbus short haul I'm considering and the SSJ is the main Zvezda model?

7 minutes ago, BetaSingh said:

Would you rather have an Etihad A320 by Revell or a Sukhoi Superjet Aeroflot by Zvezda, as the Etihad is the main Airbus short haul I'm considering and the SSJ is the main Zvezda model?

If I was spending my money I'd probably pick the Revell Etihad A320 or their British Airways A319.

Zvezda's decals are a bit difficult to use; they're quite thin and prone to rolling up into little balls rather than meekly floating into position, so if you don't like aftermarket decals perhaps a Zvezda kit isn't for you at this stage of your model building career..

it's an older ancient model, but look at Revell's recently re-released 727. The decals are brand new and very good, and the model itself looks good when you've finished it. It's also a good one to practise your basic skills like refining the fit and sanding off all the unnecessary rivets it's covered with :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have wanted a short-haul model kit for quite a long time now, and I really can't decide between the Zvezda Aeroflot Sukhoi Superjet, or the Revell Etihad Airbus A320. Both have their positives and negatives, but I feel the Etihad plane has more negatives, like the wrong size of winglets, the tricky to match colour, flap tracks that I have to remove and so on. But I want you guys, as modellers, to tell me, if you had both of these kits, which would you do first, or if you could only get one, which would it be? In essence, what I'm asking you guys is, which plane kit do you guys think I should get?

BetaSingh

Going strictly on the ease of building, I recommend the Superjet. It's a pleasure to put together which the Revell can't even come close to. Zvezda also do an A320 which if you can find it is far superior to the Revell kit, but I find Zvezda's decals to be a trifle difficult to work with. They're very thin and temperamental. I prefer to use aftermarket markings on my Zvezda kits if I have the option.