After seeing your four F-16 builds, I feel this will be something special too.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the drop tank questions as my knowledge on Russian hardware is limited to Yak fighters with a prop.

Cheers, Peter

Thanks Peter 👍🏿

Bit worried though because of the larger scale and the fact this is so big too means that detail & finish wise there is so much more that can be done or is expected to be done... :unsure:

Got a couple weeks before this begins. Busy with spitfires at the minute but thought I'd start the thread to iron out all the little things now so it can be full steam ahead come the 29th... 

• Like 1

Hi tony ,I've been itching to pull the trigger on this kit for a while now, they can be had quite reasonably on fleabay, I've had a quick online scan for reviews and found not a lot , do you know how accurate the kit is ,are there any glaring errors or omissions,  sometimes hobby boss gets things wrong on a grand scale, i shall be interested in how this builds up,cheers,all the best 

Glynn

5 hours ago, Hewy said:

Hi tony ,I've been itching to pull the trigger on this kit for a while now, they can be had quite reasonably on fleabay, I've had a quick online scan for reviews and found not a lot , do you know how accurate the kit is ,are there any glaring errors or omissions,  sometimes hobby boss gets things wrong on a grand scale, i shall be interested in how this builds up,cheers,all the best 

Glynn

Yes true that however I got this for a steal - just under forty notes from @Mikemx at mjwmodels. 

There are a few lumps on the back that If I recall correctly need to be removed? From the chat at the in-box review here on the forum the general consensus seems to be good though. People try to compare this to the AMK one but they are years apart (in representiation of the period of the plane) so alot of the details are different which then make people assume one of the kits must be wrong? 

I don't want to get too hung up on the details though and end up with AMS though. So want to keep it OOB as much as I can.

Perhaps like the mig-25 (look at all the talk over the new icm kit) with all the updates throughout it's life unless you are building to an exact photograph of a point in time in a particular planes life then it can't be that far off? 

Tony

• Like 2

Sorry I have been away from modelling for the past month or two. Doing some 1 to 1 scale ejection seat work in my museum. Have to make some urgent moves there so . . .

But will be watching and if I can help will try to assist.

There were changes through the service life of the MiG-31 but certainly not so many as with the MiG-25.

I know Mike here on Brit likes the AMK kit better for some of its extras, he has expressed this in his review, I like the HB better for some of its extras. :D  But the good thing is that we have a choice and everyone can make up their own mind. This is a free choice, I just wish the same applied for our everyday lives here in Hungary. But lets not go into this. . .  

The bumps on the back of the top fuselage should be there. But on the real aircraft there are only 3 of them. So only one will have to be removed. I will tell you in time which one.

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Cheers Duncan. 

Thought I'd save your AMK one for when I retire!

You should have said, I could have sold you the Hobby Boss one too :) (I've got the other AMK Foxhound in stock now too BTW).

Duncan B

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spent an hour fiddling with this last night... 

First off is making a start ejector pin marks. Still a few on the main gear bay walls despite knock out nodes. Thankfully they are on smooth bits not on the ribbed areas!

image.jpg

Cockpit parts held in place by hand pressure to check fit check before some paint (weekend most likely)

image.jpg

Last one is frustrating. Pics in instructions show quilting on the seat of the seat. However its not been molded. Milliput Required. 

image.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing futher to report sadly. 

Continuing with the sad theme, this is going to have to go back in the box for now. Not to the shelf of doom though. 

Too much going on at the minute, plus when/if it gets built I have nowhere to put it as its going to be too big for the cabinet. 

However I will 'rejoin' this GB with something simple & quick next month. Perhaps along the lines of eduards 1/72 mig-15 uti...