Metal paint

Simon382

Morning........Not sure if this is in the right forum so apologies. I am 90% done on an old Monogram F4J. Being a phabulous Phantom the rear end need a fair amount of metal painted. My question is can anyone point me in the right direction for paint? I don't own an airbrush so that rules out Alclad. If anyone out there can assist I'd be most grateful, thankyou

Why not try Tamiya spraycans? They have nice shine and are available in different shades for an F-4. From TS17 gloss aluminium, TS 30 silver leaf and TS 42 light gunmetall to TS 88 titanium and AS12 bare metal silver.

/ André

Edited by Andre B
Spelling...
  • Like 1

I do not knew how Halfords work with other brands as Humbrol, Gunze or others. But I knew that Tamiya works well.

This is my S 26 Mustang painted with different shades om Tamiya ST and AS spraycans...

• Like 1

I've had good results on small areas brushing Tamiya Flat Aluminium and Metallic Grey, also Citadel - again I think only two shades available. If you want several shades you could do a basecoat with a rattlecan and brush the areas you want to be other shades.

• Like 1

The Tamiya option is looking good and I will certainly have a look in Halfords next time I stock up on Appliance white. Thanks for all those that replied

4 hours ago, Andre B said:

I do not knew how Halfords work with other brands as Humbrol, Gunze or others. But I knew that Tamiya works well.

This is my S 26 Mustang painted with different shades om Tamiya ST and AS spraycans...

Just taken a quick look at your 'stang, wow! Will be shopping for the Tamiya spray in the very near future

Another vote for Mr Color metallic paints. You can "scrub" them on with an old paintbrush and the finish is as good as Alclad. A little goes a long way and much easier on a small area that you need on your F4 than a spray can.  Quite widely available in the UK now.

• Like 1

ok you have a lot of choice here. MRP paints makes a good meticalic paint then there is gunze super metallics which is good and my go to paint is the AK extreme metals which like the MRP paints are hard as nails once painted.

• Like 1